Navigator of the Seas ~ Tell me something - Good or Bad

We did not get a chance to eat in Sabor, which was open for lunch as well on our May cruise (it was dinner only on our February cruise).

Sabor debuted a new lunch menu last week with a few additional items. I'll post a picture of the menu when I have a chance to go through my pictures.

Edited by ahecht

What was Sabor's lunch upcharge?

According to this:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=5912

It's $25 per person, but it does not mention lunch or dinner.

Its $25.

I would think there would be a little discount for lunch like Giovannis does.

We really liked Sabor and would eat there again

On the menu it says burritos but they are actually 2 enchiladas

I had the short rib in mole that was awesome

Edited by jonbgd

It's still $25 for lunch, there's no discount like at Giovanni's. They were offering dinner for $20 on embarkation day as a special.

Here's the lunch menu:

saborlunch_zpsde53a97d.jpg

The new items for lunch include the Chilaquiles and the chimichangas.

Edited by ahecht

Definitely go to the Flowrider and just watch for awhile. There is covered seating for spectators and it is fun to watch...or, if you want, give it a try yourself. If you like to walk around for exercise, skip the walking/jogging track on Deck 12...it can get crowded. Take a leisurely walk all the way around the ship on Deck 4. When you get forward, you have to climb a set of stairs but this will take you to the Helipad on the very front. And if you have a clear night when the winds are calm, go to the Helipad to gaze at the stars...it is amazing!

See the Ice Show. Personally, I found the food in both the MDR and Windjammer to be somewhat better than when I was on Mariner or Voyager. If you are a night life person, go to the "Silent Disco" in the Cosmopolitan Club inside the Viking Crown (Deck 14 Aft). It is modern disco/techno dance, but everyone wears headphones. The head phones have 2 channels playing different songs, so you may see people that are together, but dancing to a different drummer. It's nice because if you want to have a nice conversation with someone, you can without having to shout over the loud music.

Pete

Going to try this, but I have to wait until March 2015.

Thanks to those who corrected my initial assumption that there would be a lunch discount at Sabor! Oh, well, can't blame me for hoping.

Also, thanks to OKC cruiser for posting the link to the scanned compass. I'll still be on the lookout for MDR menu sequences, but the compass is a big help for a rough plan for the week. Not that I expect travel plans to ever survive intact, but if I don't know to *plan* to get ice show tix, then I might not get any!

Not that I expect travel plans to ever survive intact, but if I don't know to *plan* to get ice show tix, then I might not get any!

Just a heads up: last week the ice show tickets were available on a table in the Promenade for anyone to grab as soon as boarding began. The compass said they would be distributed at 1:30pm, but I had mine by 11am. I also saw people walking away with fistfulls of tickets, so I don't know how many were still available for late boarders.

Do y'all recommend self-carry disembarking or traditional?

My answer is it depends are you driving or flying out of the port. If driving self disembark. If your flying and your flight is late in the day, why hurry to get their and wait?

Can you drop off your luggage and then go park your car? We are driving down, and are parking in EZ Cruise Parking. I'm not sure how far from the terminal that is, so wondering if we could drop our bags first...

Can you drop off your luggage and then go park your car? We are driving down, and are parking in EZ Cruise Parking. I'm not sure how far from the terminal that is, so wondering if we could drop our bags first...

Yes, no problem.

My answer is it depends are you driving or flying out of the port. If driving self disembark. If your flying and your flight is late in the day, why hurry to get their and wait?

I'm torn--we're flying, but we have a 9PM flight and want to stand by for an earlier one. :-/

That's what we do

But can be a PITA depending on what time you arrive

Since you have to go into the same entrance as Carnival Magic cruisers and everyone gets in a long left turn lane:rolleyes:

EZ cruise is on your way to the cruise ship if driving down Harborside DR

It is almost across the street from the Navigator.

They have a shuttle that wil take you and your luggage

Edited by jonbgd

Sabor was not open for lunch when I was on the first week of April. Nice that it's now open for lunch but the $25.00 is too high. Should be $15 same a Giovanni's

Edited by xxoocruiser

Nice that it's now open for lunch but the $25.00 is too high. Should be $15 same a Giovanni's

I agree it is to high

When I went by on Friday 1pmish there were about 6-8 tables occupied

We were on the 5/25 Navigator as well which was our first RCCL cruise. We have cruised 3 times on Carnival and once on Disney. DH is 45, DW 42, DS 12 and DD 15. We were very impressed with the boat itself and the difference in people vs. Carnival (a lot of partiers). The comedian (the Heath show) was OUTSTANDING. What we didn't like was the food in the main dining room. Terrible in our opinion, I know that's subjective. The food in Sabor is awesome, not to be missed! Have fun!!

Actually, just the opposite for us. We found the Heath show to be the most unfunny show out of all the comedy shows we have seen on cruises. Also, we quite enjoyed the meals in the mdr.

Just a heads up: last week the ice show tickets were available on a table in the Promenade for anyone to grab as soon as boarding began. The compass said they would be distributed at 1:30pm, but I had mine by 11am. I also saw people walking away with fistfulls of tickets, so I don't know how many were still available for late boarders.

Thanks for the heads up on the sail away and the ice show tickets. Missed the ice show on the AOS cruise, don't want to miss it on this one.

OceanDreams

• 3 months later...
I went through my photos last night and can't believe I didn't take a photo of Izumi's lunch menu! We were in the middle of a bar hop, so that may explain it.

Pete

Hey, Pete... We (Deb and Chuck) were on the Navigator with y'all in February... We're going again this November and there's interest in an onboard bar hop? How was yours set up and do you have any tips?

Deb

We sailed Navigator in July 2013. Loved, loved, loved it! Ate in MDR almost every night by the window for a fantastic view. Windjammer was great for lunch and snacking as was the Promenade Cafe. Had a massage in the spa, which was lovely as well. Can't say enough great things!