Coffee cards and water cards?

momofmeg

I understand none of this is at no extra charge on MSC so I am wondering if we can buy these?

Depends on where you're going to be cruising.

Water and coffee is available at the beverage stations in the buffet across the fleet all day long. In the US, on the Divina water is served free of charge at all meals in the MDR. Coffee is also available at dinner.

They do a water package but not a coffee one.

Depends on where you're going to be cruising.

Water and coffee is available at the beverage stations in the buffet across the fleet all day long. In the US, on the Divina water is served free of charge at all meals in the MDR. Coffee is also available at dinner.

They do a water package but not a coffee one.

Okay, I thought we had to pay for even plain black coffee. Misinformation someone gave here I guess.

We are looking at 2 MSC cruises and both leave from ports In Germany, Kiel and Hamburg.

Okay, I thought we had to pay for even plain black coffee. Misinformation someone gave here I guess.

We are looking at 2 MSC cruises and both leave from ports In Germany, Kiel and Hamburg.

Hubby wants to go to both Copenhagen and Scotland and I found by booking 2 cruises, one a short 4 day, the other a longer 11 day, we can do both. It appeals to me because I want to keep flying to a minimum. I know I have to get to Europe,( too far to swim, lol!) but I would love it if I did not have to fly between cities in Europe to go to 2 different cruises or tours.

Hubby wants to go to both Copenhagen and Scotland and I found by booking 2 cruises, one a short 4 day, the other a longer 11 day, we can do both. It appeals to me because I want to keep flying to a minimum. I know I have to get to Europe,( too far to swim, lol!) but I would love it if I did not have to fly between cities in Europe to go to 2 different cruises or tours.

Spend some time on the Northern Europe/Baltics Boards if you are doing a cruise leaving from Copenhagen. We did a Baltic Cruise a couple of years ago and it was, and still is, our favorite cruise. Simply outstanding.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=192

Cheers

Len

Edited by Giantfan13

They just don't serve coffee at all, free or otherwise at dinner in MDR at lunch or dinner. That is probably where the confusion has come from.they do at breakfast though. Other times on European sailings the only free stuff will be at the buffet.

The all inclusive drinks package is cheaper on European sailings than the US. If you prebook as an onboard service it will cost €23 per person per day and you can get decent coffee , almost all other drinks (Exocet high end stuff like XO Cognac, Aged single malts and champagne) and ice cream.

Copenhagen to Edinburgh is a short hop on a plane. However you could look at trains and ferries, instead. If you also wanted to do Southern England, the Eurostar via the channel tunnel would be an option but of you want to concentrate on Scotland then that is quite a detour and would cost you at least a day. Edinburgh has a direct flight to the US daily to Newark and is suppossed to be getting another US direct flight very soon for getting home.

I think the confusion is because on Divina, things are different than on other ships in the fleet...we´re going on Lirica next year and there are hardly any recent reports about that ship

Sandy in Spain

They just don't serve coffee at all, free or otherwise at dinner in MDR at lunch or dinner. That is probably where the confusion has come from.they do at breakfast though. Other times on European sailings the only free stuff will be at the buffet.

The all inclusive drinks package is cheaper on European sailings than the US. If you prebook as an onboard service it will cost €23 per person per day and you can get decent coffee , almost all other drinks (Exocet high end stuff like XO Cognac, Aged single malts and champagne) and ice cream.

PER DAY and that is cheap??? We can get on most lines for the Caribbean a nonalcholic package of drinks for about $50-75 a person for a 7 day cruse. That sounds very pricey to me. A euro is like a $1.50 US, some times a little better exchange but still you are talking about a price on one day what we are used to paying for 7.

I do not drink cokes so no worry about that. Can we bring bottled water on board at embarkation?

Copenhagen to Edinburgh is a short hop on a plane. However you could look at trains and ferries, instead. If you also wanted to do Southern England, the Eurostar via the channel tunnel would be an option but of you want to concentrate on Scotland then that is quite a detour and would cost you at least a day. Edinburgh has a direct flight to the US daily to Newark and is suppossed to be getting another US direct flight very soon for getting home.

You know, I realize if we British Airways which we really like, we will fly to London and then take another flight to Germany. That is enough flights for me. I HATE flying.

There is also a Princess cruise that leaves from Southampton that overnights in Copenhagen. No Germany for that cruise and it is pricer, but I will do that before any short flights. We are considering it and then just getting a train pass for post cruise to go to Bath and then Scotland. In a way I like that better as 15 days straight on a cruise ship I am not so sure about. I seem to get tired of the ship after about day 8. I just feel because of my low energy it may be better to do 15 days on a cruise ship.

PER DAY and that is cheap??? We can get on most lines for the Caribbean a nonalcholic package of drinks for about $50-75 a person for a 7 day cruse. That sounds very pricey to me. A euro is like a $1.50 US, some times a little better exchange but still you are talking about a price on one day what we are used to paying for 7.

I do not drink cokes so no worry about that. Can we bring bottled water on board at embarkation?

Yes that is cheap but it includes alcholic and non alcholic drinks. There are some non alcoholic drinks packages you can buy onboard (and sometimes prebook). There is a water one, a aft drinks one (not much good to you if you don't drink coke or other fizzy drinks), vitamin drinks (sometimes sold as DOREMI -this is for fresh fruit and veggie juices, smoothies and non alcholic cocktails). It is a book of voucher system, you typically pay for a certain number like 12 and get 2 free. You can buy as many as you want.

The official policy is that no food or beverGes is to be brought onboard. They are not very vigilant at policing this policy, so you may well be able to bring some water onboard. Then again, you could be unlucky and get it held for you until the end of your cruise.

Yes that is cheap but it includes alcholic and non alcholic drinks. There are some non alcoholic drinks packages you can buy onboard (and sometimes prebook). There is a water one, a aft drinks one (not much good to you if you don't drink coke or other fizzy drinks), vitamin drinks (sometimes sold as DOREMI -this is for fresh fruit and veggie juices, smoothies and non alcholic cocktails). It is a book of voucher system, you typically pay for a certain number like 12 and get 2 free. You can buy as many as you want.

The official policy is that no food or beverGes is to be brought onboard. They are not very vigilant at policing this policy, so you may well be able to bring some water onboard. Then again, you could be unlucky and get it held for you until the end of your cruise.

I f I can buy a water package all is good-no need for the others, I do not drink enough for it to be worthwhile.