dune buggy tour Glory 6-5 sailing

oakislander

Our family of four, two parents and two sons 18 & 21 did this thru Carnival. This was by far the highlight of our trip (we did cave tubing in belize also, see my review at that port of call page). The description says you have to be 21 to drive, but it is actually 18 with a valid drivers licence. It was a blast. Lots of off roading, lots of scenery and a nice beach. Note: one kid did get stung by a jelly fish but no one in our family even saw one. Just keep your eyes open. Our guides were great and a lot of fun. If you have questions just let me know.

KJ

thanks for the info. we are sailing on the glory 7/17/04 and are planning on doing the dune buggy excursion in costa maya. Was it easy to book through carnival? We are also booked for the cave tubing in belize with extreme cave tubing. I'm a little confused on the time issue. Our tour is at 8:50, we should get back to the ship in plenty of time.

Chad,

Its very easy to book with Carnival. As soon as you get to your room you can book all tours thru your tv. Just press the menu button and follow the instructions. I would suggest doing this asap, because a lot of tours sell out quick.

As for cave tubing our meeting time was 8:30 Belize time which is 10:30 ships time. Just make sure your tour guide knows their is a two hour difference and what time your last tender is. Hopefully that will keep him from waiting too long for people.

Also, In Belize you have to tender in to shore. The people taking Carnival sponsored tours get off the boat first. Their tour ticket gives them a time and place to meet to leave the ship. Everyone else not taking a Carnival tour has to get a tender ticket. Your whole group will have to go to the Ebony lounge to get your ticket. They told us they would begin giving them out at nine am the morning you arrive in Belize. We got to the lounge around 8:45 and they had allready begun giving them out. Luckily we got tender number 2. Due to high winds they were having trouble with the tenders and everything was running late and of course the Carnival tour groups got to depart first. So get to the ebony lounge or wherever their doing it early! Good luck and have fun.

KJ

Archived