Path Train to Manhattan?

TFriday

My in-laws are sailing out on the Golden Princess Sept. 17. They were going to stay in Manhattan, however the rates on the hotels SKY-Rocket during this time! Would you recommend staying in NJ and taking the Path train or even the ferry to Manhattan for some short sight-seeing? Hotels there are much cheaper during this time.

Question: If you take these embarkation day, could you take your luggage on with you (probably 3) and then pick up a cab in Manhattan to take you to the pier?

Thanks in advance for all your advice!:)

I am not so sure I would want to take the PATH with alot of luggage, I would suggest they stay in Weehawken at the Sheraton or the Homewood Suites in Edgewater at City Place. They are both within about 3 minutes of the Ferry and have free shuttles. They have a beautiful view of NY from both hotels.

Hi,

We are flying to Newark from the UK on 27th Oct and staying for 2 nights pre Celebrity from Bayonne. If we stay in Manhatten, which part would be easiest to get to Bayonne from?

Is it easy to get from Manhatten to Bayonne?

Thanks.

Matt

I'd say it depends on how good your in-laws are at traveling and how fast they can move with luggage. My BF is from Philly and we spend the week of New Year's visiting his family and then take the train up to Manhattan to visit college friends and then over to NJ for NY Eve and we took the PATH back and forth several times. He had a medium sized roller (just big enough you would have to check it) and a carry-on backpack. I had 2 rollers (one carry-on sized and one medium sized), plus a backpack. We managed fine, but we are both used to traveling and feel confortable on mass transit. Some people don't. Also some people aren't good about keeping an eye on their stuff and some people can't manuever their luggage fast enough to get off a train. So it depends. We did and had no problems, but I guess you would have to evaluate it yourself given that you know them. Have fun either way! I love Manhattan and there are some great restaurants in NJ not too far away from where we stayed.

Archived