A quick Dream bathroom question

Does anyone know if the shower heads in the bathrooms are the type that have a flexible hose or are they fixed? I can't remember, it's been a while since we were on Dream.

MIL may be coming on a cruise with us, she spends most of her time in a wheelchair and finds it difficult to stand for any length of time, she would be able to shower whilst sat on the toilet or a small stool. A Plus cabin with a bath would not be any use, she could not get into it, her bath at home is one of those with a door and a seat in.

Thanks

Joe.

I remember they had two shower heads, which confused me a bit (easily done) :o and I THINK they were removable, but not sure Joe.

It's not just plus cabins that have a bath. We have had both plus and standard, all on deck 7, and they all had a bath. You would need to check that out before you booked (not sure that TAs would know though :rolleyes::rolleyes:)

Thanks Linda. Will bear that bath thing in mind. We had a standard inside deck 5 last time and I know that had no bath, but can't remember about the shower-head.

I think we would be too late to book a disabled cabin, we are looking at beginning of August. But she could manage the step into the bathroom, but the bath will be too high to get into for her.

DW is phoning the welfare team tonight, so will have to see what they say, they might not even let us on as they only allow so many wheelchairs per cruise.

We have been in outside cabins with showers only. Our cabin this year was one with a bath and the 2 shower heads. I couldn't understand why 2? Plus I couldn't work them out and the first shower I had the 2 going at the same time with water going everywhere. I may have taken some photos in the past, I'm of to have a look to see if they are fixed.

We have been in outside cabins with showers only. Our cabin this year was one with a bath and the 2 shower heads. I couldn't understand why 2? Plus I couldn't work them out and the first shower I had the 2 going at the same time with water going everywhere. I may have taken some photos in the past, I'm of to have a look to see if they are fixed.

Not just me that was confused then :rolleyes::D

We had an outside plus cabin with a bath and 2 shower heads. The top shower head was fixed but i am pretty sure the lower one was removable.

The only reason i could see the point of this was possibly for the kids to use the lower shower head, the wheel in the middle controlled which one the water came out, but i agree with posts above it wasnt completely obvious at 1st and was interesting with them both going!!

On our cruises on the Dream we,ve been in outside plus on deck 6 which had a bath and two shower heads,was like standing under the Niagara falls.Unlike Bodster I thought the bottom one was fixed and the top one was removable

Edited by Jim The Scot

Thanks all for the info, very much appreciated.

We have just booked:D:D Dream 2nd August for 2 weeks.

The welfare team were very helpful, told us which adapted cabins are still available and told us to book the lowest price cabin tonight and phone up in the morning and they will upgrade to the adapted cabin at no extra cost.

They will seat the four of us together on the plane just charging for 2 booked seats.

We normally would have waited until 4-5 weeks before the cruise to book as the prices are normally lower then, but we are going with the in laws it's not worth losing the adapted cabin.

Just an update.

We booked 2x 6/7 inside cabins.

Mark on the end of the welfare was very helpful and changed one of the cabins over to an adapted one, then prebooked seats at the front of the aircraft for all 4 of us (charged only for 2) and the assistance at the airport.

Just received email stating the changes, up to now all very professional.:)

We went for 1002, one poster on here said that 1019 door didn't open fully, which is a pretty bad idea for a Wheelchair user.

Looking through the cabin review list and Sailaway's spreadsheet it seems that all the insides are shower only.... unless anyone knows of any that are different???

Thanks again everyone for all the info.

Joe.