5 July 2015 ~ Scandinavia and Russia on Brilliance of the Seas

We booked this on a recent cruise and are excited to go! Love the itinerary on this trip and hear great things about the Brilliance. Looking forward to joining with others here to plan excursions as we get closer.

Anyone else booked early?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am Cecilia from Florida, traveling with a friend from Texas (Nancy). We booked this cruise early to get the 50% discount. We'll be spending four days in London before the cruise, as we both love that city.

Just booked two day st Petersburg group tour with TJ travel tours. $285 each includes lunch and all taxes and entry's.

Much cheaper than with RC yours and from my recearch they look amazing. Nothing but good reports on here and trip advisor.

Just booked two day st Petersburg group tour with TJ travel tours. $285 each includes lunch and all taxes and entry's.

Much cheaper than with RC yours and from my recearch they look amazing. Nothing but good reports on here and trip advisor.

Naomigruis, we are Cecilia & Nancy from the US, and I concur with you about this looking like the best choice. I've been researching tour companies (ALLA, RCCL excursion, etc.) and would like to join you on this tour. Perhaps if we can get the 16 folks you select as your group, you will get another 5% discount?

Since we have a cruise tour booked for 2016 (7 days land-12 days cruise) to Australia, I'd love to be part of "your group". If you are willing to email me, letting me know what name you booked under, I will contact TJ Tours and join as your group members.

CARICE48@gmail.com (please put St. Petersburg Tour in subject line)

There are two tours in St. Petersburg with TJ Travel a respected tour company with outstanding reviews. Both are 2 days. One is Two-day Standard ($265), the other is Two-Day All Highlights. ($300). Here are the links to both tours:

http://st-petersburg-tours.ru/two-day-exclusive-standard-group-shore-excursion/

http://st-petersburg-tours.ru/two-day-all-highlights-group-shore-excursion/

Note: The All Highlights tour states: "this tour is not suitable for any mobility restricted traveler".

My travel companion and I have booked the All-Highlights tour. If anyone else is interested in joining us, let me know.

• 1 month later...

Hello! We just booked this cruise this weekend (my friend and I from Ohio, usa...husband staying home for this one.) What a great itinerary! We also are staying in London for five days prior to sailing. Any suggestions as to where to stay? Central but reasonable??? Any suggestions to transfers that won't cost us 200.00? The tour you found in St. Petersburg sounds good. What currency is the pricing?

Can't wait to hear more about excursions including tours around England.

Beth

Welcome Beth

We are staying at the Central park hotel which is next to Hyde park. Not to expensive but clean and neat. We never spend much time at our hotel so suites us well and I love walking in Hyde park it's amazing.

As for transfers I am hoping to get a few of us together and organise a private transfer looking at about $100 return per couple. If I have enough interest I will start getting quotes.

As for the st petersburg tour its in U.S. dollars, there is a review on here from someone whom just did this cruise on the brillance and they did this tour and said it was great.

We have been to London before so not going to the same tourist spots but I recomend the hop on hop on bus for first timers. It will take you on a great tour of London and you can get of at the big attractions.

Sylva

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

We just booked at the Kingsland Hotel in Kingsbury for 5 nights prior to the sailing. We are renting a car since they have free parking. We are still trying to figure out how to get to port. We considered taking the rental car, but the rental car company not open on the 5th. Not sure if we should take anything other than the royal carribbean shuttle. Where is the link to the review of the excursions? I want to get these booked to have that off my plate! What excursions are good for the other ports?

Thanks everyone!

Beth

Welcome Beth

We are staying at the Central park hotel which is next to Hyde park. Not to expensive but clean and neat. We never spend much time at our hotel so suites us well and I love walking in Hyde park it's amazing.

As for transfers I am hoping to get a few of us together and organise a private transfer looking at about $100 return per couple. If I have enough interest I will start getting quotes.

As for the st petersburg tour its in U.S. dollars, there is a review on here from someone whom just did this cruise on the brillance and they did this tour and said it was great.

We have been to London before so not going to the same tourist spots but I recomend the hop on hop on bus for first timers. It will take you on a great tour of London and you can get of at the big attractions.

Sylva

Hello

We just booked at the Kingsland Hotel in Kingsbury for 5 nights prior to the sailing. We are renting a car since they have free parking. We are still trying to figure out how to get to port. We considered taking the rental car, but the rental car company not open on the 5th. Not sure if we should take anything other than the royal carribbean shuttle. Where is the link to the review of the excursions? I want to get these booked to have that off my plate! What excursions are good for the other ports?

Thanks everyone!

Beth

Hi Beth.

This is the link to the review on the Baltic cruise,this is how I found the sg peters tour

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2051560

a few of us on here have already booked the two day tour.

Hello again!

I am now looking for evening tours. I would love to add the TJ strolling tour from 7-10 pm. It takes you on a walking tour of St. Petersburg. Anyone else know anything about this tour?

I also have read some information from TJ tour for the other ports we are in for this cruise. Did you notice that they changed our Visby stop? I called and verified this changes.

What are the dynamics of the rest of this Roll call? My friend Linda and I are in our 60's and early 50's Linda is retired, and I teach special education. She and I travel often together which works out well, because my husband does not care for cruises. I hope we get to meet on the ship. It's always fun to have some connections before the cruise.

Beth

Hello again!

I am now looking for evening tours. I would love to add the TJ strolling tour from 7-10 pm. It takes you on a walking tour of St. Petersburg. Anyone else know anything about this tour?

I also have read some information from TJ tour for the other ports we are in for this cruise. Did you notice that they changed our Visby stop? I called and verified this changes.

What are the dynamics of the rest of this Roll call? My friend Linda and I are in our 60's and early 50's Linda is retired, and I teach special education. She and I travel often together which works out well, because my husband does not care for cruises. I hope we get to meet on the ship. It's always fun to have some connections before the cruise.

Beth

My husband and I did this same cruise last July. We were both 60 at the time. It was very port intensive. We did the Grand Tour with Alla tours in SPB. We had to meet the guide at 7.30am after having cleared customs. We had also lost an hour the night before due to time zones. The first day was HUGE! A Canadian guy in our group had a pedometer and we walked 16 kilometres that day! We were dropped back to the ship at about 5.45pm. We had discussed taking an optional add-on evening tour but decided against it when we looked at the itinerary for the first day. We are so pleased we did. After returning to the ship. we had dinner then watched/snoozed through the Russian entertainment onboard for the evening then headed to bed as we had to meet the guide at 7am the following day. Think carefully about it as we had 6 port days in a row and really needed that evening to regroup. :)

• 4 weeks later...

We are delightedly going on this cruise as our 40'th Anniversary present from our DD's :) We will be joining TheLazyBears of Atlanta and have booked some great looking S P B tours,a highly rated and recommended company ! If anyone else is interested in joining us sightseeing in any of the ports let me know, the more the merrier right !! They offer Cruise Critic member discounts and flat rates so prices are very reasonable :)

Thanks Sylva ! We are looking at the same pricing as your tour w/ TJ for St.PB 2 days.(2 day deluxe) Adding on the other ports however with spbtours gave us a bundle/discounted rate and we are happy with that ! The more you book the lower the rates....so if you are as yet unplanned for other tours look at their Panoramic Copenhagen;OldTownTallinn & Kadriorg-Pirata;Panoramic Helsinki & Seusasaari Island;Panoramic Stockholm and join us :) DD booked transfers so you can check with The LazyBears for info if needed still

Mimi

Thanks Sylva ! We are looking at the same pricing as your tour w/ TJ for St.PB 2 days.(2 day deluxe) Adding on the other ports however with spbtours gave us a bundle/discounted rate and we are happy with that ! The more you book the lower the rates....so if you are as yet unplanned for other tours look at their Panoramic Copenhagen;OldTownTallinn & Kadriorg-Pirata;Panoramic Helsinki & Seusasaari Island;Panoramic Stockholm and join us :) DD booked transfers so you can check with The LazyBears for info if needed still

Mimi

We are still looking for transfers if you have any info. Sent it to sglie1 @ yahoo dot com.