Transatlantic Check In Time - Departure 2am

As per the title really, we've booked the Westbound Transatlantic on Oasis on October 15th from Southampton. From looking at the Southampton port website it seems that we're actually sailing away at 2am on the morning of the 16th. Just wondering if anybody could shed some light on what time we should be able to board on the 15th?? The ship is scheduled to arrive into Southampton at 10am, with people who boarded in Rotterdam the previous day leaving on excursions but nobody actually checking out so rooms etc will presumably already be ready.

Just asking as we are looking at booking our flights into Southampton and want to make the most of our ship time!

Embarkation info will be contained in your travel documents. Just go to "My Cruises" on the RCI website and follow prompts.

Thank you for your reply - our travel documents status is not issued so I can't check there unfortunately

Thank you for your reply - our travel documents status is not issued so I can't check there unfortunately

You could try calling RCI for further information about when you might reasonably expect to board. I'm guessing that even though it's a late departure, boarding will take place some time in the afternoon. Most times guests are allowed to board about 5-6 hours after the ship's arrival in port. Ie, 6 am arrivals allow new passengers on about noon or thereabouts. By that rule of thumb, 10 am arrival means boarding at 3 or 4 pm? Just guessing but it seems about right.

Most times guests are allowed to board about 5-6 hours after the ship's arrival in port. Ie, 6 am arrivals allow new passengers on about noon or thereabouts. [/font]

This is true on a normal changeover day where it takes about 3 hours to disembark a full shipload of passengers and another 2 -3 hours to complete turnover of all staterooms. However, that will not be the case on this cruise and I would suspect that, based on the scheduled arrival time of 10am, boarding could commence around 1pm. For sure the terminal will be open by then and adequate seating should be available for early arrivals.

As per the title really, we've booked the Westbound Transatlantic on Oasis on October 15th from Southampton. From looking at the Southampton port website it seems that we're actually sailing away at 2am on the morning of the 16th. Just wondering if anybody could shed some light on what time we should be able to board on the 15th?? The ship is scheduled to arrive into Southampton at 10am, with people who boarded in Rotterdam the previous day leaving on excursions but nobody actually checking out so rooms etc will presumably already be ready.

Just asking as we are looking at booking our flights into Southampton and want to make the most of our ship time!

Erniebert - Welcome aboard - Come over to the roll call

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2030742