Solarium / - I know no kids allowed ... but..

Ok so I know NO KIDS ALLOWED in Solarium ( sometimes on rain days), but, I am just curious. Can you be in the solarium , as a parent, and your child come in to simply ask you a question or get something from you? are they allowed to come in to get food from the cafe? I am adhering to the rules I assure you, just wondering how strict the no kid thing is, cause if my kid cant come in to ask me something then I need to sit elsewhere, but would enjoy the solarium while they are at kids club.

Ok so I know NO KIDS ALLOWED in Solarium ( sometimes on rain days), but, I am just curious. Can you be in the solarium , as a parent, and your child come in to simply ask you a question or get something from you? are they allowed to come in to get food from the cafe? I am adhering to the rules I assure you, just wondering how strict the no kid thing is, cause if my kid cant come in to ask me something then I need to sit elsewhere, but would enjoy the solarium while they are at kids club.

Yes. I was on the Rhapsody and every age group was walking through and using the cafe.

I have never seen anyone have a problem with their child coming in to ask a question...unless the question is "Can I just swim in here, the other pool is crowded?" and you answer yes. :D

I have never seen children come in for food, but frankly have not been watching that closely.

As long as they don't get in the pool or hot tub or take up a lounge chair, they should be OK. Sitting at any of the tables around Park Cafe is fine.

Sorry, but aren't there enough spaces on the ship that are kid friendly without having to bring them into one of the few spaces that are adult only? When my kids were young, I kept them out of the adult areas. If they were with me, I stayed out. That's part of being a parent. :confused:

This is my biggest beef with DCL, the idea that even though a space is designated adult only, my kid is different and the rules don't apply. It is rampant on those ships. That's the biggest reason I stopped cruising DCL. I am hoping RCCL is different.

Edited by la2kw

This is my biggest beef with DCL, the idea that even though a space is designated adult only, my kid is different and the rules don't apply. It is rampant on those ships. That's the biggest reason I stopped cruising DCL. I am hoping RCCL is different.

Interesting. My experience has been different. 6 cruises on Disney Wonder & Magic and the adult-only pool areas and adult-only activities were kept kid-free and were wonderful. 4 of those cruises were adults only and I loved DCL where I could be around kids if/when I wanted to but could absolutely count on a nice space and activities were I could get away from them.

I'm on my first RC cruise in 1.5 weeks and hoped that the adult pool area would be kept kid-free, but it doesn't sound like it will if there are kids walking through and getting food. :(

I'm on my first RC cruise in 1.5 weeks and hoped that the adult pool area would be kept kid-free, but it doesn't sound like it will if there are kids walking through and getting food. :(

If there is a Park Cafe in the Solarium it is open to anyone. Not all ships have food in the Solarium. What ship are you going on?

Sorry, but aren't there enough spaces on the ship that are kid friendly without having to bring them into one of the few spaces that are adult only? When my kids were young, I kept them out of the adult areas. If they were with me, I stayed out. That's part of being a parent. :confused:

Holy crap. Yes, lets rope off the Solarium so that the sight of children won't affect your cruise. In return, make sure you don't set foot in the kids area. Why can't people just lighten up?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Interesting. My experience has been different. 6 cruises on Disney Wonder & Magic and the adult-only pool areas and adult-only activities were kept kid-free and were wonderful. 4 of those cruises were adults only and I loved DCL where I could be around kids if/when I wanted to but could absolutely count on a nice space and activities were I could get away from them.

Whilst I have seen kids go to get food (some of the ships I have been on serve burgers/fries etc in that area) the main part of the solarium is more in the middle and to be honest you don't even notice people passing round the sides walking through. Yes some kids may go in to get food but I have never seen a group of kids hang out in there or cause disruption. They will soon be moved on otherwise.

I think it was designed to not notice people walking through as the elevators are right behind the solarium and the only way out to the pool deck at that end of the ship is by walking through the solarium as there is no walkway outside around it. Because of that it is inevitable that people that use those elevators will cut through the solarium to get outside.

If there is a Park Cafe in the Solarium it is open to anyone. Not all ships have food in the Solarium. What ship are you going on?

Navigator coming up, and I'm very hopeful that I'll like it and have Liberty booked too! I don't there there's a Park Cafe on Navigator, but haven't looked into Liberty much at all yet.

Navigator coming up, and I'm very hopeful that I'll like it and have Liberty booked too! I don't there there's a Park Cafe on Navigator, but haven't looked into Liberty much at all yet.

No Park Cafe on Liberty either. So far, no Park Cafe on any Voyager or Freedom class ship.

No Park Cafe on Navigator, no food in Solarium that I am aware of. Solarium is between the gym and main pool; just aft of forward most elevators. I would not expect a high traffic area or a lot of kids there. ALL the kids stuff on Navigator is aft.

No Park Cafe on Navigator, no food in Solarium that I am aware of. Solarium is between the gym and main pool; just aft of forward most elevators. I would not expect a high traffic area or a lot of kids there. ALL the kids stuff on Navigator is aft.

Sounds great! I was pleased to learn that the pools are open 24 hours as I frequently closed down the adult pool on Disney when it closed a midnight. I'm somewhat concerned at learning that RC pools aren't heated (they were on Disney) since night-time was my favorite time to swim, but hopefully it will be fine since it's a warm time of year.

Page 8

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/Guest_Conduct_Policy.pdf

Solarium Pool and

Jacuzzis*

Age 16 and over.*

*During inclement weather and select hours, the ship may permit the Solarium Pool to be used

by persons under age 16 provided they are directly supervised by a parent or guardian. Guests

below the age of 16 are welcome in the Park Café in the Solarium, but are asked not to use the

Solarium pool, Jacuzzis or sun beds.

I'm in favor of a liberal policy where kids should get some Solarium pool time any time the outside weather is less than perfect. And no, I don't bring kids on my cruises very often, I just think that kids should be able to enjoy themselves as much as adults.

That said, I'd like to see the Pool Patrol guys, who in my experience do next to nothing, be proactive in policing kid behavior when, as expected, the parents are paying no attention.

And, while they're up, they could also be policing the chair hogs and removing towels!

Families have to walk through the Solarium with the kids to get to the "viewing bridge" on deck 11. Surely, no one cares. http://www.cruisecritic.com/navigator-of-the-seas-deck-plans/dp/?shipID=264&deck=11

No one would much care if kids are walking with their parents through the solarium.

Also, you don't have to walk thru the solarium to get to the viewing bridge. You can get there from the forward elevator lobby.

Holy crap. Yes, lets rope off the Solarium so that the sight of children won't affect your cruise. In return, make sure you don't set foot in the kids area. Why can't people just lighten up?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

On one of our Freedom cruises, we walked through the Living Room and you should have heard the teens hollering at us to "get out" "no adults allowed" "kids only" "boooooooo" and other assorted things. Granted we were simply walking through to get to Johnny Rockets but they no more liked us invading their "private" area than some adults like kids in their adults only area. They too like to have their own special place so why shouldn't adults be allowed to have a place to themselves?

Disney does adult only cruises? I did not know that. How do you know which cruises are adult only?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If kids were in the Solarium on any of our cruises they were under the radar well enough to not draw attention. That being said, we plan carefully to cruise at times the ship is minimally infested with children.

C'mon January!!

Disney does adult only cruises? I did not know that. How do you know which cruises are adult only?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry that was confusing! My travel group was adults only. :D There were plenty of kids onboard but we had no trouble escaping from then when we wanted to.