Can embarking passengers use Cunard bus?

ichichi

When Cunard provides a free bus for passengers from the ship to the central city (and return), is it possible for embarking passengers to use the bus to get from the central city to the ship?

If you are asking about New York there is no free shuttle. But there is transport available.

If you look in your voyage personalizer on the Cunard site you will find in the pre voyage packages numerous options for transport to the terminal from airports and hotels in New York.

Here is another thread on this topic for NY. If you are sailing from some other port it will not be relevant.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2027323

But no matter where you are sailing from I would check the pre voyage packages on the Cunard site.

Edited by sarafinadh

Not sure if it helps but when we asked about using it to disembark we were told that the shuttles buses don't have luggage capacity so no its not possible to use them if you have luggage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, I am not talking about New York. All three Cunard ships travel around the world once a year and provide free buses for passengers in various ports. I will be embarking in one of those ports, and I would like to know if I can use that bus to get to the ship.

No, I am not talking about New York. All three Cunard ships travel around the world once a year and provide free buses for passengers in various ports. I will be embarking in one of those ports, and I would like to know if I can use that bus to get to the ship.
Hi ichichi,

That could depend on the port in question, which coach operator is being used, and poss. on which buses are used on the day you wish to go to the ship (luggage space).

Some of the shuttle buses I've used have zero luggage space. Please remember that shuttle buses are not "free" to all passengers in all ports.

Will there be no taxis from your hotel to the ship? Which port are we talking about?

Edited by pepperrn

When Cunard provides a free bus for passengers from the ship to the central city (and return), is it possible for embarking passengers to use the bus to get from the central city to the ship?

Definitely yes at Southampton.

Most busses worldwide have facilities for carrying wheel chairs, and the drivers seem happy to load and unload these.

Not sure they would be keen with heavy cases though.

David.