Why do yooooou love carnival?

thefog

It's cheap and they sail from my closest "drive to" ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

weve only sailed once but we loved it. felt at home, thought it was going to be something that were not used to (first real vacation ever, unless you count trips to Wild Adventures in Valdosta) but it wasnt the hoity toity thing we feared.

were down to earth, sit by the porch, beer drinking, folks and we felt right at home. met so many people like us, i just wished we could afford it more often. took forever to save up!

I would say price and distance to port. New Orleans is much closer to us than say, Florida, and we hate to fly.

My mom has cruised several other lines and raves about them, but she went with me last year on the Elation, and while I know she felt a little like she was slumming it (she had just come off a Viking cruise down the Danube), she agreed to go on Carnival again this summer! Really, for an affordable, relaxing, laid back Caribbean getaway, you can't beat Carnival!

Edited by bluejay555

weve only sailed once but we loved it. felt at home, thought it was going to be something that were not used to (first real vacation ever, unless you count trips to Wild Adventures in Valdosta) but it wasnt the hoity toity thing we feared.

were down to earth, sit by the porch, beer drinking, folks and we felt right at home. met so many people like us, i just wished we could afford it more often. took forever to save up!

You thought Carnival would be hoity toity? LOL. I'm sure you quickly realized it's anything but.

I love that as a person from the UK, with a somewhat modest budget I can see parts of the world I wouldn't otherwise dream of.

I'd never spend thousands to have two weeks of holiday time in any one of the places we visit on our cruises (well.... Maybe I would, but...)

I like the fact I get a day in each place to try it out, maybe we'll do a land vaycay in one of the places at some point, but if we don't like it there, we can simply go back on the boat and see something else tomorrow!!

The fact that Carnival is so casual is a big plus too, I like to dress up now and then but I'm really not one for making too much of an effort every darn day, ya know??

Carnival is one of the few cruise lines that doesn't expect you to dress really fancy for dinner every night in the main dining room. We love the MDR but hate dressing up real fancy. No one gives me a dirty look for wearing slacks and a nice blouse or even a comfortable but pretty sun dress and I love that.

The other thing I like about carnival opposed to other cruise lines is median age of the cruisers. On our Princess most of the passengers were 60 and up. :rolleyes: I'm just not ready for everyone going to bed and everything shutting down around 10 pm every night. Some day when I'm much older I'm sure I'll appreciate the slower pace, fancy, older folks cruises where I can relax and catch up on my rest, but not right now. Lol. Only Carnival and Royal Caribbean for me. :)

I make the decision based on Ports. If the Itinerary I want is offered by multiple cruise lines I generally pick a cruise line I haven't been on or one I haven't been on in a while. I haven't found a cruise line I didn't enjoy as they all bring something a little different.

I've never been on another cruise line. I've looked but the costs are so much more. I just can't justify going on the same itinerary and paying so much more. I have no issues with carnival.

We've only sailed Carnival..mostly because they leave from ports near us as well as having itineraries we can live with (5 day sailings). We don't mind going to the same places over and over because I'm sure each time will be different from the last. We never have the same experience twice. :)

Although I've looked at other cruise lines, I know that unless our situation changes, it's going to always be Carnival for us. Sometimes that is because of the price (Imma looking at you, Celebrity..the faucets in the bathroom better be solid gold and spit out pure Perrier water for $1,000 a night per person), but mostly it's because I think Carnival is the only line that does less than 6 day sailings. DH, because of his job, can't get off more than 5 days in a row unless it's a family emergency of some sort.

I gave them a try because I could cruise out of New Orleans which is a fun Amtrak trip for me.

I fell in love with Elation and Carnival.

Conquest and Sunshine out of NOLA and then my cruise out of Baltimore on Pride made me love Carnival even more.

I always feel at home and comfortable.

No snootiness.

I've never had anything but excellent service.

The staff and crew have never been anything but nice and friendly to me - I'm pretty nice and friendly myself :p

I love the company's fun attitude - I like John Heald too.

The food is great.

Price is nice too but I'm not interested in cruising another line because Carnival makes me happy.

I love that as a person from the UK, with a somewhat modest budget I can see parts of the world I wouldn't otherwise dream of.

I'd never spend thousands to have two weeks of holiday time in any one of the places we visit on our cruises (well.... Maybe I would, but...)

I like the fact I get a day in each place to try it out, maybe we'll do a land vaycay in one of the places at some point, but if we don't like it there, we can simply go back on the boat and see something else tomorrow!!

The fact that Carnival is so casual is a big plus too, I like to dress up now and then but I'm really not one for making too much of an effort every darn day, ya know??

My thoughts almost exactly! (I am not from the UK, however!)

Heading out on our 6th cruise in January - 3rd time on the Splendor.

Love the Cloud 9 Spa so we always sail ships that have it.

Love the service - agree with others who have said they've never had anything but excellent service - neither have we!

I know what to expect.

Love the beds :) Silly, I know...but it's the little things :)

Love John Heald.

You just can't beat the prices or itineraries. Really want to get on Allure, but the prices, and yuck, boring itineraries do not appeal to us. :D. Love Guys Burgers, Blue Iguana, the steakhouse, etc. in a nutshell, they definitely offer the most bang for the buck. Zero issues with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk