Why do yooooou love carnival?

thefog

Why Carnival over other cruise lines? Value for a family of five. Once in awhile I will check out another cruiseline's website, Royal Caribbean or Norwegian, and get shocked again by their "sale" prices. :eek: Lower prices mean more vacations. DH gets plenty of leave time and I am self-employed, so we are able to travel as much as we can afford.

Why cruising? It's the perfect balance between seeing new places and ease of travel with three kids, and we don't have to pay for five plane tickets. After a busy day in the sun, I dress nicely and walk into a dining room, where the menu doesn't have prices and people greet us by name and bring my kids their favorite foods while I enjoy prime rib and lobster. My kids can spend the day in Jamaica or Belize and then decompress with endless ice cream and a hot tub. My picky eater has her familiar foods, my endlessly eating preteen boy can have ten meals a day, and my littlest one gets sea days to recover from busy port days. My five-year-old wants to be president of Jamaica when she grows up because she was disturbed by the "litterbugs" in such a beautiful place. Some day, we'll take them for more in-depth visits to other countries, but this is perfect now.

Edited by KatieCharlotte

You thought Carnival would be hoity toity? LOL. I'm sure you quickly realized it's anything but.[/QUote]

our idea of splurging for a special dinner is going to the olive garden. pretty much anything is hoity toity for us. we were worried about going on the ship and not fitting in with the fancy restaurants and dress codes. it all worked out just fine.

Why Not??? The prices on Carnival are always great (can't find a better deal vacation wise), the food is good, the ports are fun, the people you meet (both crew and fellow passengers) become lifelong friends, and I really have no interest to cruise with any other line :D :p ;)

We haven't cruised any other line. We like Carnival because we can drive to the port (don't like flying) and can afford it. We've been on three cruises so far and booked for the fourth. And will continue to cruise Carnival as long as we can afford it.

Why Not??? The prices on Carnival are always great (can't find a better deal vacation wise), the food is good, the ports are fun, the people you meet (both crew and fellow passengers) become lifelong friends, and I really have no interest to cruise with any other line :D :p ;)

I know you're a TA and that's a pretty powerful recommendation - I couldn't agree with you more. :)

I know you're a TA and that's a pretty powerful recommendation - I couldn't agree with you more. :)

Yes I am a TA and thank you. We cruised once with Royal Caribbean and I definitely didn't have as much fun as what I do when I am onboard Carnival ships

While other cruises may outperform Carnival in certain areas, Carnival has the best overall package. Its the right price. The passengers are the most diverse of any other cruise lines in my opinion. The mentality of the passengers on Carnival is more friendly than other cruises. The activities feel like they cater to the masses better. Their ships are fun and doesn't take themselves too seriously.

And as of today, my Carnival Liberty cruise stands out as the best cruise i've ever taken. I'm hoping another ship will outdo that, but as of now, they're still #1.

WOW, guess I asked the right ? Another reason I love carnival is we booked the breeze for x-mas on a 8 day cruise and saved 2000$ compared to booking 7 day with another cruiseline for the 4 of us combined. Can't justify throwing that much money away

Best Price, Best Itineraries, Best Crews, Best Service, Best Food, Best Kids Programs, Best Cabins, and most importantly they have always made me and my kids feel like we are royalty on whatever ship we are on: PRICELESS!!!

We have only sailed Carnival, and we keep sailing them for the price and we like what they offer. We may try other lines later, but right now we are happy cruising Carnival until we run out of new ports to try with them.

Carnival is the only mainstream line we've been on and we're in love with them. On occasion I've priced other lines and they are consistently $2-300 per person higher than Carnival, and I question why pay more when I'm thrilled with Carnival. I've been told that RCCL has better service, but when I think about how friendly the Carnival people are, and my room is cleaned twice a day, I'm not sure I can take any better service! I'll probably always price others, because I love competition, but unless things change, I doubt I'll ever try another line.

Overall the service, food, entertainment, cleanliness, cabins are good to very good. The price makes it a great value. I have my 9th Carnival Cruise booked and still look forward to it so they must be doing something right.:cool:

BIGA961, Your right on the money why change lines when you already love there service, LIKE I said before better BANG FOR YOUR BUCK.

To see the product other cruise lines are offering...?

If your dates are flexible, all mass market lines have similar pricing structures and sometimes, Carnival may be more expensive than Royal Caribbean, Princess, Celebrity and Holland America. Shop around... you may enjoy what you find.

Edited by Disconnections

Because they offer a great product. Simple as that.:)

that was true until 4 years ago I will only sail CCL if it's 75% or less than the competition or friends want to sail CCL. I was looking at either BC8 or Freedom Repo but bought LOTS for 75 less than BC8 and its 10 days vs 8

I've only cruised Carnival. Why do I stay with them? Price is the main reason. Like others have said I can't justify spending more for the same ports on another cruise line. Now don't get me wrong I would love to try another cruise line, mainly because I feel Carnival's shows are lacking.

Though speaking of price, I did pay an arm and a leg for my cruise on the Victory last year. It was one of those specialty cruises you can only book through a tour company. I could have taken 3 Carnival booked cruises for the price I paid. Still I had so much fun. And though I've cruised with Carnival before, I got a blue sign and sail card because I've never been on this particular special cruise.

I've had fun on all my cruises and love them all for various reasons. It's a toss between the Liberty and the Dream for my favorite ship. If Carnival can take the Liberty and add an Ocean Plaza and a Lanai like the Dream has then it would be a perfect ship!

The prices, the fact that they waive the solo surcharge on late bookings and the itineraries. By picking and choosing carefully and being flexible on dates I've done FIVE Carnival cruises so far this YEAR for less than I'd pay as a solo traveler on ONE Celebrity cruise....and cruise number six is is in two weeks.

I want to go on royal but I love balcony rooms and carnival have some that are cheaper. Also I have 4 ports that are 2 and 8 hour drive. An for Disney 4 k haha yeah right there parks offer more than the ships.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums