Underwater case for Canon A70?

RachelD

Does anyone have any experience with underwater cases for digital cameras? DH and I love photography and consider it more than just a hobby. We have a Nikon D70 Digital for quality photos and a Canon A70 for snapshots (both digital).

We were less than satisfied with our cheap undewater pictures from a disposable kodak camera and are needing to find another solution. When we were on our cruise last week, the water was so clear and the fish so vibrant... when we got the pictures back it was grainy and you had to search for the fish on the page. Very disappointing.

Any advise is welcome... Thank you!

We were less than satisfied with our cheap undewater pictures from a disposable kodak camera and are needing to find another solution. When we were on our cruise last week, the water was so clear and the fish so vibrant... when we got the pictures back it was grainy and you had to search for the fish on the page. Very disappointing.

I can understand your disappointment. Digital is definitely the way to go. Canon underwater housings are quite affordable and work really well. I have a housing for a Canon A20 and have used it on numerous dives. The housing allows access to all the control buttons.

Since photography is more than just a hobby, you might want to know about housings for your D70. http://www.digideep.com is the place to go to find out about underwater housing for both of your cameras.

If you want to see some photos from my Canon A20 (2 meg pixel), check out these Photos

You will probably find more underwater photo information in the scuba section of cruisecritic, and you will definitely find much more info at http://www.wetpixel.com

Here are some reviews for Canon's underwater case for the A70:

http://www.pricegrabber.com/rating_getprodrev.php/masterid=773521/id_type=masterid

There are only 3 reviews listed at this link, but I'm sure other pricing engine websites (Yahooshopping, pricescan, mysimon, etc....) will have more as well. I also have a Canon A70 and the add-on telephoto lense, but no underwater housing.

I hope this helps :)

~ Kenny

www.kenandschley.com - Cruise & Misc. Travel Adventure Photos!!

Thank you so much for your advise!!! I had been looking at a couple on EBay, but noticed that it is just as cost effective as some of these stores.

bruce-r,

You took some great underwater photos! They are so vibrant... I felt like I was back under the water in Grand Cayman!

FrequentFloater,

Thank you for the link for the reviews of the uderwater housing... I have had no luck finding any. That is really helpful and reassuring!

• 1 month later...

I have the underwater casing and love it. I also have two lenses to add on as well.

My husband is very big into photography and has the new Minolta digital SLR - so he wanted lenses to add on to my camera. I just need point and shoot.

We have taken it with us on several cruises and have never been disatisified with the shots we took.

Archived