High tea at good hope estate, falmouth, jamaica

I'm looking for some feedback, and ideally, some photos from this excursion. My wife and I really enjoy a good afternoon tea service, but only if properly done. Can anyone comment on this excursion and what, specifically, is on offer as part if the afternoon tea service so I can determine whether or not my wife and I might enjoy this one?

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did the Good Hope Estate tour; so slightly different than the Tea Time. But at the same place. It was a great setting, the home and grounds are beautiful (they will often rent out the grounds for private events). We did the tour of the home while people were having their tea on the patio. Looked like a full white glove type affair. I can not confirm as I did not do the specific one you are looking at, just the tour of the home and plantation. I did book through the cruise; no issues at all with their handling of the tour, it all went well.

I will have to look on a different computer to find photos from Good Hope Estate.

We did the Tea at Good Hope during our Oasis cruise in January. I enjoyed the different teas and the plate of goodies. The grounds are pleasant and the mountains surrounding the plantation are impressive. I loved the airiness (is that a word?) of the house. I would do it again. My son has a few photos in his vacation photos. https://www.facebook.com/joe.cichlid/media_set?set=a.10203070130653355.1073741827.1208441198&type=3

as a family of six just mum and dad want, the rest of us just stayed round the port shopping, they loved it they said the driver was full of information about the area and house and made the journey good the house was very interesting but they was disappointed with the tea mum thought that they would get tea in china cups with saucers but they didnt but they would still do it again but not with the high tea, i wanted to do dunns falls but nobody else fancied it it was a bit far hope this helps.

Hello,

We didn't actually have the high tea when we were at Good Hope but I wanted to say that the place is absolutely fantastic. We have a friend living in Montego Bay and she runs events there sometimes, so we were allowed to go up and see the place when no one was around - absolutely stunning! Walking around the estate at times feels like you are in some scruffy dale or wood in Somerset. They were also running a yoga class when we were there, not in the old house but down in one of the outhouses just by the river. I don't if you are into yoga …? but if you are you should see if there is a class on when you are visiting. Could you ask for a more splendid setting!?

I think they were about to set up for a wedding in a couple of days when we were there, but they hadn’t started yet so we were allowed to snoop around the house a little bit. In one of the upper living rooms they had a divine selection of pearls - not sure if they were cultured or natural .... - like these here www.mesenso.com. They were having some exhibition or something, and it felt like we had sneaked into Elizabeth Swann's jewelry box from The Curse of the Black Pearl! haha. Anyway, my point is, High Tea or not, Good Hope should not be missed!

:D

I did the Good Hope Estate tour; so slightly different than the Tea Time. But at the same place. It was a great setting, the home and grounds are beautiful (they will often rent out the grounds for private events). We did the tour of the home while people were having their tea on the patio. Looked like a full white glove type affair. I can not confirm as I did not do the specific one you are looking at, just the tour of the home and plantation. I did book through the cruise; no issues at all with their handling of the tour, it all went well.

I will have to look on a different computer to find photos from Good Hope Estate.

WOW! In the few years since we did this excursion it must have changed drastically. I can assure you it was definitely not a white glove type affair at that time. Not even close.

While we greatly enjoyed touring the house and grounds, the 'high tea' was not high tea and was a big disappointment. Others on the excursion were complaining and we all agreed to mention this on our surveys post cruise, which I did. Maybe they have since improved it. I can only share our experience and it wasn't good and I would not do it again.