Excursion's planned what do you think?

staceycs

We are taking our first Alaskan cruise, NCL Pearl, August 3. I have have narrowed down our excursions to this point and I would love your feedback on the excursions we are considering. Here are some of the things on my bucket list. Animals: Whales and Eagles a must. Bears, if around, but not seeking them out. Scenic: waterfalls, glaciers, towns, totem polls, etc. We are headed to Vancouver when we finish our cruise, so the totem polls, suspension bridge, salmon fishing can all be seen in Vancouver.

Juneau

Mendenhall Glacier/waterfall and sightseeing on our own or

Mendenhall Glacier w/whale watching or

Whale watching and wildlife quest or

Whales, Glacier's and rain forest trails

Do we need to do the Mendehall Glacier/waterfall, if we do Misty Fjord and Glacier Bay?

Skagway

Grizzly Falls Zip-lining and White Pass Rail (both since we are in port for so long)

Ketchikan

Misty Fjord & Wilderness Explorer by Cat (if we do this what is the likelihood that we will see whales?)

Misty Fjord flightseeing

Victoria on our own

Thanks for your input.

Ketchikan

Misty Fjord & Wilderness Explorer by Cat (if we do this what is the likelihood that we will see whales?)

Thanks for your input.

We did this tour in 2010 and we did not see any whales. The tour was on the long side and I wish we had more time actually at Misty Fjord.

Utahtea

We are taking our first Alaskan cruise, NCL Pearl, August 3. I have have narrowed down our excursions to this point and I would love your feedback on the excursions we are considering. Here are some of the things on my bucket list. Animals: Whales and Eagles a must. Bears, if around, but not seeking them out. Scenic: waterfalls, glaciers, towns, totem polls, etc. We are headed to Vancouver when we finish our cruise, so the totem polls, suspension bridge, salmon fishing can all be seen in Vancouver.

Juneau

Mendenhall Glacier/waterfall and sightseeing on our own or

Mendenhall Glacier w/whale watching or

Whale watching and wildlife quest or

Whales, Glacier's and rain forest trails

Do we need to do the Mendehall Glacier/waterfall, if we do Misty Fjord and Glacier Bay?

Skagway

Grizzly Falls Zip-lining and White Pass Rail (both since we are in port for so long)

Ketchikan

Misty Fjord flightseeing

Victoria on our own

Thanks for your input.

Juneau- IF you want to see whales, then you need to consider a whale watch tour. Combo with Mendenhall is enjoyed by many. Your "rain forrest" reference is one of the well marked trails, you can easily take on your own.

Misty Fiords is NOT about glaciers and very different, no you are not likely to see whales. These all seem to be ship tours? OR are you looking independent? Independent are superior selections in some of your choices.