Nieuw Amsterdam Upsells/upgrades?

jakartatom

The cruise is less than 2 weeks away and we have not received any communication from Holland America or our booking agent for upsells or upgrades. I noticed on all the website advertisements that everything is "sold out" except for the entry level rooms. Does this mean there will be no options or offers to purchase a suite upsell/upgrade? This is my first cruise so I have no baseline as to what to expect. Any feedback or suggestions is certainly appreciated. It is a 20 year anniversary trip for my wife and I.

If the ship is truly full, then no there will be no upgrades or up sells. You said it was two weeks from your cruise and if there were going to be any shuffling around of cabins or up sells, it would happen in this next week. You may just have been unlucky and not gotten one, it happens. That is why I always say be happy with what you book because you may be stuck with your choice. You can always call Hal and ask, never hurts to.

The cruise is less than 2 weeks away and we have not received any communication from Holland America or our booking agent for upsells or upgrades. I noticed on all the website advertisements that everything is "sold out" except for the entry level rooms. Does this mean there will be no options or offers to purchase a suite upsell/upgrade? This is my first cruise so I have no baseline as to what to expect. Any feedback or suggestions is certainly appreciated. It is a 20 year anniversary trip for my wife and I.

Upgrades and upsells are not a given. It's nice when it happens, but it is not something you should count on. The offers do not go to everyone and if the ship is sold out, there will be no offers at all.

Terri

When you made your booking, did your TA mark your booking that you were open for upgrades?

Did you book a guarantee? Which category?

No one really knows how the upgrade fairy works.

As to upsells, if everything is "sold out", chances are HAL is working on the upgrades and there is nothing left for an upsell.

Good luck and Happy Anniversary.

We ´ve got an upsell offer - and refused - because it was 4 times the price the actual price difference was between the categorie we booked and the categorie we were offered.....

So we were not interested....

I will be happy to get our cabin numbers now for our cruise departing in 10 days - but I am happy with the categorie we booked...

Never give up hope: our N.A. cruise was "sold out" two months before (early inaugural season) and yet we got a free upgrade from an Outside to a deck 8 V just 3 days before the sailing. We think it might have been a late cancellation, but stuff like that does happen! :D

Edited by jtl513

• 5 months later...

I'm sailing Nov. 30 on the Eurodam. We picked a specific OV cabin when we booked just a few weeks ago. We received four identical upsell offers spaced a few days apart: the higher OV were offered at $39 pp extra; the verandah offer was $99 extra which appears to be $0 difference vs what I could have booked one at. That's fine - although this will be only our fifth cruise we are getting less and less cabin-focused when booking. We splurged on the cabin for our Alaska cruise but now (for me at least) it's all about just being aboard and setting out to sea. Anyway, today verandahs are showing $50 higher on the HAL website, so maybe the ship is filling up. Although a quiet ship would be nice I also hope the low fares succeeded in generating more bookings.

Edited by SetAnOpenCourse