Our First Trip Alone

jack300s

My wife and I will be taking our first trip alone. It's our fifth cruise on NCL and will be a Panama Canal cruise.

The other cruises have been with family or friends. We've always had a great time.

This time we are looking so forward to cruising on our own. Seeing what we want, eating when and where we want, really no schedule or times to meet up.

Almost feels like our first cruise again......

Any solo pairs get this same feeling? Any tips for first timers ...lol.....

You'll have a great time! DH & I enjoyed cruising with our children and also family & friends. Now, we so very much enjoy cruising alone ... doing exactly what we want when we want and not having to worry about the wants and needs of anyone else. :)

LuLu

Hubby and I are doing the same thing just one month from now! We've taken short cruises sans kids but this will be our first 7 Nighter alone. I'm looking forward to not having to worry about anyone else!

Have fun! :cool:

Hubby and I are doing the same thing just one month from now! We've taken short cruises sans kids but this will be our first 7 Nighter alone. I'm looking forward to not having to worry about anyone else!

Have fun! :cool:

I know what you mean. 15 day cruise with no kids, grandkids, family and friends...Maybe after this cruise we'll make it a regular thing?

My husband are going through the same thing right now. We are going on our first cruise alone to Panama Canal -Nov 3rd. We usually travel with family and friends.

I was concerned that we may get bored with so many sea days.

Funny to see this post today.

Woke up today thinking about our upcoming cruise with just the two of us and how much we decided last cruise that we like it that way.

We have had 2 cruises with others and 2 without and although we enjoyed the company of our family on 1 and friends on the other & would welcome that again, we have sort of claimed cruising as "our thing" together now.

It IS nice not having to "deal" with others wants and wishes & really makes it so much more relaxing and stress free :D

Enjoy your couples cruise!

Edited by silvercrikhix

I'm glad that someone brought this up. I have been sailing almost entirely solo since 1977, and i really enjoy the ability to go when and where i want. BUT, occaaionally, I invite someone to go along because I hate the double fare for going solo. Only on a couple of trips did I enjoy the company of a friend. As most of you have mentioned, you all like the company, but would rather be able to roam around on your own, with no set times for anything. I'm taking a buddy with me in sept. on the Gem who is a real PITA, but that is his thing. I'm not the easiest guy to get along with either, and it works out well for the both of us. It still is the best way to travel, .....on your own. Sorry about the long story. btw, his wife has blessed me for taking him away for a week:D R.A.and the cat.

My wife and I will be taking our first trip alone. It's our fifth cruise on NCL and will be a Panama Canal cruise.

The other cruises have been with family or friends. We've always had a great time.

This time we are looking so forward to cruising on our own. Seeing what we want, eating when and where we want, really no schedule or times to meet up.

Almost feels like our first cruise again......

Any solo pairs get this same feeling? Any tips for first timers ...lol.....

Jack,

see you in 120 days... here's my tip to happiness traveling solo with DW:

If DW is happy, I'm happy! so, keep DW happy!

What you described above is the secret; you'll be fine...

I have done two cruises with just DH, and had a great time on both. A friend of mine recently took an Alaska cruise with her DH and was concerned that they would get bored. She kept looking for someone to cruise with them until her DH said "You don't want to go with just the two of us?" She regrouped when she realized that it meant a lot to him to be just with her. They had a WONDERFUL time!

DH and I just took our first cruise alone, too. Had concerns that we would not have as much fun. Didn't happen. We met and spent time with other cruisers, and did whatever we wanted when the mood struck us. And of course, there is so much to do on the Breakaway, it's pretty hard to be bored.:)

Enjoy just the 2 of you we (me and a GF) have enjoyed our selfs and sailed with family members both sides all but one I did not enjoy myself

So have a good time go to a pay resturant and have a bottle/a couple of glasses of wine and relex