New Orleans Flight Info

Bobkat26

Hey all I think I might have made a mistake on my daughters airfare and I need help before I call the airline.

I have my daughter and her fiancee catching a 10am flight out of New Orleans on the day we return from our Dream Cruise. I thought I had picked the 11:30 flight but obviously didn't :eek:

I have never been to the New Orleans port or airport. Do they dock early enough to get a 10am flight? Will they allow them self assist to get off early like in Ft Lauderdale?

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kathy

Does the ship even stop in Ft Lauderdale? Didn't think that was even a stop.

A 10:00 AM flight is really chancy as the timing for getting to the airport and then getting thru security. and then having to be checked in anywhere from a hour to 2 hours before flight.:rolleyes: and then heaven forbid the ship is delayed coming into port.:eek:

Good luck

It doesn't dock in Ft Lauderdale. But when you cruise out of Ft Lauderdale you can usually, unless there's a customs problem get off the ship at 7:30.

SO would an 11:30 flight still be too early?

kathy

It doesn't dock in Ft Lauderdale. But when you cruise out of Ft Lauderdale you can usually, unless there's a customs problem get off the ship at 7:30.

SO would an 11:30 flight still be too early?

kathy

We were zone 1 and at the airport by 10am.

I have cruised out of NOLA twice, but we always drive. One time it was close to 10 when we got off the ship. The other time we had FTTF so we were in the car (which was at the hotel) by like 9 or 9:30. With self assist you might be able to get off a little earlier, but I would not chance it with a 10 a.m. flight, especially considering that you have to travel to the airport and check in.

I did not think that they were that slow at the port. It was not as fast as Miami, but it was nothing compared to our most recent experience at Fort Lauderdale!

Oh, now I see the person who mentioned slowness was talking about the airport. Haven't been there, cannot comment on that!!!

Edited by cruzinlisa

Thanks everyone. just to calm my nerves I changed it to a 1:30 flight and Southwest was great and it only cost me $30.00 total to change. SO now I won't stress so much :)

I never book early flights, so I must not have been thinking that day! :eek:

Looking forward to the Dream!

Kathy

Rebook her flight. Luckily, Southwest is one of the easiest airlines to change flights with.

I second Robert's advice. Ten AM is cutting it too close. You might make it, but that is a BIG might. I would rebook a later flight for no earlier than about 11:30 or so at the earliest.