single rate

tbtma

Hello all you knowlegable folks! Quick question, does Carnival still charge an extremely higher rate for a single person in a cabin by themselves, I thought I read awhile back that something changed regarding single rates. We are a small group cruising with 2 in each room, 1 other person may join us & wants his own room.

Thanks

Bonnie

Hello all you knowlegable folks! Quick question, does Carnival still charge an extremely higher rate for a single person in a cabin by themselves, I thought I read awhile back that something changed regarding single rates. We are a small group cruising with 2 in each room, 1 other person may join us & wants his own room.

Bonnie

Unless it is specified Single Occupancy sale you pay for 2 excluding the port fees

Thanks

Bonnie

The rate is not higher in a sense. The rate is double because both beds in a cabin must be paid for. There has been a new trend for Carnival to give offerings to solo cruisers, does not appear to be as often now as it was through the "slow" times. Maybe it will pick up again in the fall.

When are you sailing and what ship?

Thanks

Bonnie

Carnival now has solo rates on many cruises especially close to the cruise date. Check carnival.com for your cruise and the rates. Look under plan and you'll find that you can choose number sailing: one. Then choose the departure port and ship that you will be on and the date range when you will be sailing and you should be able to find your cruise and find the solo rate for that cruise.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Hopefully I'm not being rude to ask a question of my own on this subject.

If the cruise I have booked goes in to this sale would it qualify for a price reduction? I booked ES rate. FYI Carinival Pride 5/24/15

Thank You

Fingers are crossed that single rate comes out for our Nov 3rd Fascination cruise. Really don't wanna room up with BFF and her hubby!

Any experience from you veterans about single rates being released for this time period?

Only time you will ever hear me say 'I CAN'T WAIT TIL NOVEMBER!!!'

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If the cruise I have booked goes in to this sale would it qualify for a price reduction? I booked ES rate.

Yes.

Fingers are crossed that single rate comes out for our Nov 3rd Fascination cruise... Any experience from you veterans about single rates being released for this time period?

Solo cruises for late November on the Fascination last year came out the 2nd week of September.

Hopefully I'm not being rude to ask a question of my own on this subject.

If the cruise I have booked goes in to this sale would it qualify for a price reduction? I booked ES rate. FYI Carinival Pride 5/24/15

Thank You

Yes, you can price match no single supplement rates to early saver.

Check this Cruise Critic thread in the solo travelers forum where people post reduced or no surcharge cruises.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=851324

I had recently booked a cruise with no surcharge 30 days out.

"It's a surcharge not a supplement. The cruise line isn't supplementing my cruise experience in any way by charging me double."

Edited by kylenyc