Carnival cruise air experiences Good or Bad?

wwinfl91

We have signed up to sail on the Carnival Liberty on its first Eastbound Transatlantic cruise in April 2006. Because we live in Florida and only need a flight back from Rome to Florida after the cruise our traffic agent is checking with Carnival and has told us the flight will run $649 a person plus a $75 change fee since we want to stay a week or so after the cruise to see Rome. This is still cheaper than other one way flights I have found on the web.

I am interested in others who have used Carnival for air transportation and what their experience was.

Thanks and have a great next cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, we never used Carnival for an overseas flight but we did use them twice from ORD to Florida, and they were fine. They booked us on United both times out of O'Hare on very early morning flights and got us there in plenty of time. Another alternative that is technicall not allowed is to book a round trip flight (often cheaper than one way) and simply not show up for the return. I don't know of any negative consequences that can result from this strategy.

Well, we never used Carnival for an overseas flight but we did use them twice from ORD to Florida, and they were fine. They booked us on United both times out of O'Hare on very early morning flights and got us there in plenty of time. Another alternative that is technicall not allowed is to book a round trip flight (often cheaper than one way) and simply not show up for the return. I don't know of any negative consequences that can result from this strategy.

Hi,

The OP will have to book a ticket from Rome to Florida, RT to do throw away ticketing. This will be a European based ticket and will generally cost much more. And YES, there can be negative consequences. Not often enforced, but you could be forced to pay the difference based on the one way fare, no discount fare, which could be VERY substantial.

OP, check into some of the consolidators posted on this board. 1800flyEurope.com, airlineconsolidator.com are two that come to mind.

Archived