Need Help From Price Match Experts

audcc77

I have an interior 4D cabin for which final payment is due July 1.

The "Triple Play Sale" shows that it just went down $20 so I called Carnival to see about getting them to lower my final payment by $20.

The guy said he'd do that but then the final payment date moves up to TODAY.

Say what ?

If I pay it all today, then I get no more price drops. Since I have until July 1st to wait for more price drops, and there are several cabins empty, I told him to leave it the way it was. I guess I'm betting that higher cabin prices will fall more than $20.

Does this all sound correct? Is anyone else taking advantage of this Triple Play Sale?

Did I do the right thing?

Thanks for any advice.

Did you originally book it with one of the recent sales that moved the final payment to 30 days prior to sailing? If so, you were given the right information - you would be switching to the Triple Play rate, which means normal final payment due date (60/75 days prior to sailing) would apply.

Did you originally book it with one of the recent sales that moved the final payment to 30 days prior to sailing? If so, you were given the right information - you would be switching to the Triple Play rate, which means normal final payment due date (60/75 days prior to sailing) would apply.

Yes, Bigman, I did book under another sale which did make final payment 30 days out from sail date.

What you said totally makes sense. I hope I am doing the right thing by sitting tight, waiting for a bigger price drop.

Thanks for your input.