Legend - Engine Trouble!

Fern Crest

Live from the Legend, just off the coast of Puerto Rico. Seems the Legend is building extra shows into their cruises for the added excitement factor. ;)

A little after 10:00 pm last night, the "Alpha Ream" alert sounded, and approximately 25 minutes later, we were instructed to move to the Follies Lounge or any open deck. However, about 15 after that, we were told to evacuate to Deck 9. All of the fire doors closed, and then we were told that an "oily substance" had leaked in the engine room, and was causing a great deal of smoke. We got updates about every ten minutes, and after about an hour, we were told that the smoke had been dissipated enough for us to move about the ship again.

The crew during this was phenomenal. With the number of idiots yelling that they didn't want to die, etc, I truly felt badly for the crew who had to maintain order. As we were climbing from Deck 2 to Deck 9, we were behind an elderly couple, and the wife was having a very hard time with the stairs. People behind us were literally screaming at her to "Move it or get run ovah!" One comment I thought was the epitome of ridiculous was, "I di'n't pay all dis f***in' money ta be f***in' scar't an' f***in' hafta climb all dese f***in' stairs!" Just terrible.

As I said, the trouble was taken care of, and no one was hurt. Huge kudos to the assorted servers and deck hands who put out deck chairs for people to sit on and brought around glasses of ice water for anyone to have during the wait. The crew is truly outstanding.

Nice to know the crew acted quickly and appropriately. It is truly too bad that some people are so self centered and rude - I would have hoped someone would have offered to assist the elderly woman.

Wow, now that is some excitement!! Glad all was okay, and glad the crew handled things well... I might have had to smack the jerkoff that said that... some people truly have no class....

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!!

Wow, now that is some excitement!! Glad all was okay, and glad the crew handled things well... I might have had to smack the jerkoff that said that... some people truly have no class....

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!!

That is why all old people need a cane. Not to help them move faster but to give them additional reach to hit the jerks..... ;)

That is why all old people need a cane. Not to help them move faster but to give them additional reach to hit the jerks..... ;)

My husbands cane has been known to suddenly lunge from his hand. He claims he was having a bad tremor.:eek: :D I am always mortified when this happens. It only happens when someone runs in front of him to get on the elavator.:D

:rolleyes: So true

lolz

My husbands cane has been known to suddenly lunge from his hand. He claims he was having a bad tremor.:eek: :D I am always mortified when this happens. It only happens when someone runs in front of him to get on the elavator.

lmao :D

Sounds like my great Aunt Mary

We were also on the Legend the night of the "evacuation",it was very scary to be asked to suddenly leave the dining room and go to any open deck. The worst part for me was being separated from my children during this.

My mother is also unable to climb stairs, she was with my sister who had to help her three young children up the 6 flights, a crew member told her that the would make sure my mother was taken up to the 9th deck.

I was never able to find my one daughter during the entire time, I spoke to crew members who assured me that all passengers were out of the cabins and up on deck, and that crew members would look after children who were not with their parents at the time.

I felt assured by the crew and announcements that kept us informed.

There were some who made uncalled for comments, but for the most part all were calm and cooperative.

I personally would have lost it with the rude passengers... I hate anyone who has a sharper tongue than me...

How scary that must have been for everyone. And to be separated from your children... Oh my...

Glad everything turned out Ok..

Lisa

I'm so glad the crew took care of the people on board. I think the rude people should have been sent back in to the smoke. Some people do all they can to walk up stairs with out being made fun of. I hope the rude ones break a leg and then have to try and climb the steps.

Dreaming of cruising and cruising to make my dreams come true.

Archived