Epic Western Med - Laundry

justme665

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know which day the laundry bag special happens on the 7-night Epic Western Med cruise? We embark in Rome, and I know others have said it's usually mid-week, but I also know that Barcelona is the "bigger" embarkation point. Anyone been on recently that can answer?

Thank you!!

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know which day the laundry bag special happens on the 7-night Epic Western Med cruise? We embark in Rome, and I know others have said it's usually mid-week, but I also know that Barcelona is the "bigger" embarkation point. Anyone been on recently that can answer?

Thank you!!

I was researching this recently as well, and the consensus seemed to be that laundry bag special day isn't until Sunday with the laundry being returned on Tuesday. So if you're embarking in Rome, it's not until almost the last day of the cruise that you'd get your laundry back. For this reason I intend on washing a lot of my own clothes in the sink!

I was researching this recently as well, and the consensus seemed to be that laundry bag special day isn't until Sunday with the laundry being returned on Tuesday. So if you're embarking in Rome, it's not until almost the last day of the cruise that you'd get your laundry back. For this reason I intend on washing a lot of my own clothes in the sink!

Wait... The cruise from Barcelona is Sunday to Sunday. Is there a separate laundry day for those folks?

Seems there would only be one laundry special each week, no?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We did this cruise last year & left from Barcelona.

There was no advertised laundry special but usually with a Sunday to Sunday cruise it was on Wednesday - so we left a note for our cabin steward on the bed on Wednesday before we left the ship asking if there was a laundry special ;)and when we got back the "Laundry special bag" was on the bed :D - he said to call him when we filled it later that night. We got our clothes back Thursday night.:D

Needless to say he got an extra tip from us!

This issue is important to my wife and I. We are doing the 8 day land tour prior to the cruise from Rome. I have called NCL and no one there seems to know when the laundry special is. There is no way my wife and I can pack enough clothes for two weeks in the one suitcase each we are allowed to take on the land package. I was told by the company handling the land tour that the price for doing laundry in Rome is prohibitly expensive. If anyone find out more please post it immediately.

This issue is important to my wife and I. We are doing the 8 day land tour prior to the cruise from Rome. I have called NCL and no one there seems to know when the laundry special is. There is no way my wife and I can pack enough clothes for two weeks in the one suitcase each we are allowed to take on the land package. I was told by the company handling the land tour that the price for doing laundry in Rome is prohibitly expensive. If anyone find out more please post it immediately.

You may get some answers here "immediately", but they can just as easy be wrong. Stuff changes. Stuff happens. What happened last week can change next week.

As to enough clothes, there are folks here that could do that trip with a carryon. Not saying you should, just sayin'.

As soon as you board, ask the steward if/when you can do the laundry thing.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, just got off and thought I would update - we got on and off in Civitavecchia and received the laundry "special" at least twice, but I'm pretty sure 3 times during the 7 days. You should all be fine for your laundry needs if that's how they typically do this route! :)

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

We each washed a load at our hotel in France after a week, before getting on the train to Barcelona for the cruise! Not expensive at all!

I'd rather keep an eye on the stuff than send it off to the ship's laundry and worry about getting it all back! HAHA!

We'll probably do the same thing this Fall!