Vancouver

syr101

We will be ending our cruise in Vancouver at 7am on a Friday and plan to fly back to the states late afternoon on Saturday. Please provide me some ideas on good hotels and what to do for the day.

We cruised out of Vancouver last year and stayed one night before and two nights after. The Waterfront area is the place to stay, IMO. It is the most scenic and is very walkable and is where the Canada Place Ship Terminal is located. There is a hotel there which sits directly atop the ship terminal and is called the Pan Pacific. It is expensive, but everything in Vancouver is expensive. This hotel has breath taking panoramic views of the harbor and the mountains beyond. You can book a package that includes transfers to either Ballantyne or Canada Place piers and breakfast. The am of the cruise we simply called the bellboy and our luggage was taken by him, and delivered straight To The Ship. Yes, the ship, not the curbside luggage guys. We simply took a certain elevator down to the terminal level and walked across to where the boarding process began.

Directly outside the hotel are hop on and off tour buses which will take you all over the city or to Stanley Park, which is a must see, or you could walk or ride bikes along the sea wall to get there. The area is extremely walkable, with a sea wall walk that goes for miles. Lots of scenic restaurants along the water. The old Gastown neighborhood with shops and cobbled streets is a short walk away. We took one of the buses up to the Capilano Suspension Bridge and Cliffwalk and Treetops Adventure. We took the bus down to Granville Island Public Market, similar to the famous one in Seattle, but I liked this one better. Unbelievable food. There was tons more to do. Would love to go back and spend a week.

We end up in Vancouver on May 1st 2015. How do you know which pier we will be at. Also how far is the Pan Pacific to the airport and what can we expect the cost to be to get to the airport. Thanx for the info

We end up in Vancouver on May 1st 2015. How do you know which pier we will be at. Also how far is the Pan Pacific to the airport and what can we expect the cost to be to get to the airport. Thanx for the info

We are on the same cruise. Just booked Pan Pacific for May 1. The Canada Line train to the airport is half a block, takes 20 minutes to get to the airport.

We will be ending our cruise in Vancouver at 7am on a Friday and plan to fly back to the states late afternoon on Saturday. Please provide me some ideas on good hotels and what to do for the day.

We did Princess a couple of years ago and did a pre cruise hotel through Princess. This also provided pick up at the airport and a tour. Call your TA and have them check to see if post cruise tours are available. We did stay 2 days ahead and loved every minute of Vancouver. I believed we stayed at the Weston which is very close to the terminal. If you are interested, I would dig thru my info but check with your TA or Princess first to make sure they are still doing the Vancouver pre/post tours.:)

• 5 weeks later...

go wander over to the Canada forum here in Ports of Call. Lots of talk/info on Vancouver.

I'll second the Granville Island Market. It's right up there with some of my favorite European food markets!