My PVP Won't Stop Calling+

blondietink

So, during Wave season, even though I was checking the Carnival website almost daily, my PVP never called. Decided on trying something different and booked a Disney cruise.

So, since Wave season has ended, my PVP calls sometimes several times a week asking if we are interested in whatever promotion is going on at the time. I have told him 1. we are not interested in cruising in the summer ... too busy we have a cottage 200 miles away to take care of;2. we are going to Cancun in September and 3. we booked a Disney cruise in December. He will not stop calling! Now he wants to know if we want to book something for next April or May! Last call he made I told him when we decided to cruise again, that we would call him.

I just don't know how to get this guy to stop calling. Truthfully if he had called during Wave season, we would have probably booked something instead of going with a different cruise line. I know they have quotas to meet, but this is getting ridiculous !

In case you don't know it,Carnival keeps track of every time you go to their website and check on a cruise, they know, and then they call you. I found it very annoying. So what I did was to change my phone number in my profile to a 976 sex number. NO MORE CALLS. When I book another cruise I will change my number back to the correct on so I get updates etc. But for now, I can check prices and never get another call.

Other posters will tell you to just not log in when you check prices, but I need to log in to see discounts and special offers. So the above solved the problem for me.

:D

In case you don't know it,Carnival keeps track of every time you go to their website and check on a cruise, they know, and then they call you. I found it very annoying. So what I did was to change my phone number in my profile to a 976 sex number. NO MORE CALLS. When I book another cruise I will change my number back to the correct on so I get updates etc. But for now, I can check prices and never get another call.

Other posters will tell you to just not log in when you check prices, but I need to log in to see discounts and special offers. So the above solved the problem for me.

Love the way you think - lucky my wife and I haven't had a problem with CCL PVP calling.

If they doing start calling us and to bug us to book - hope you don't mind - will use your idea of 976 - sex number.

For the original poster - sorry that you had to put up with the numerous calls to get you to book a cruise.

Edited by canadiancruiser13

Mine has been calling every day since two weeks ago when I finally logged in to get more accurate information. I get emails all the time, too. I stopped answering the phone all together. Its really annoying. Don't they think we will call when we are ready?

In case you don't know it,Carnival keeps track of every time you go to their website and check on a cruise, they know, and then they call you.

If this was really the case, then they would be calling me daily. I have not received a call from my PVP or Carnival for over 2 years and I have probably checked in on the Carnival website daily for all of that time.

He used to "bug" me all the time until I told him I would call him when I was ready to book (before my Thanksgiving cruise in 2012). He hasn't called since then and I have booked every cruise since then off of their website.

After booking, my wife likes to see the countdown banner at the top of Carnival's website to see how long till we cruise again :D.

Been to the website everyday for the last 2 weeks, Getting close now. Still no call from Carnival and looking to book another in December.

That is weird. I go on the Carnival website every day and my PVP never calls me. He knows that I will always book with him, so he waits until I call to book a cruise.

The only time he calls our house is right after we have returned from a cruise, just to see how the cruise was. I guess I am lucky and was given an excellent PVP:)

That is weird. I go on the Carnival website every day and my PVP never calls me. He knows that I will always book with him, so he waits until I call to book a cruise.

The only time he calls our house is right after we have returned from a cruise, just to see how the cruise was. I guess I am lucky and was given an excellent PVP:)

Sounds just like our PVP. She's really good. Besides I think we keep her happy. We booked a last minute in September, came back and a month later booked one for this October. Then in January we booked with her for a family trip next month 😊

Me 😃

I get calls anytime I log in. I spoke to my PVP last week and had about a 20 minute conversation with her. A few days later I logged in, and she called. I had to remind her that we just spoke a few days ago at length. She said she would make a note in her system. I logged in about 2 weeks later, and she called again. Oh well... It is annoying, but at least I know she's there for me...

My PVP used to call me all the time. I finally added her as a contact so I know when she's calling and have it sent to voice mail. Last year she kept calling even though I told her I had a cruise booked on another cruiseline. This year I decided to throw her a favor and had her book us on our upcoming free cruise. Since I booked that in February she hasn't called, even though I log in to my account every day to make sure my booking is still valid (since it was free) and to look at excursions.

I hope she doesn't start calling me all over again after this trip as I have a cruise booked with a TA on another line for later this year! Whoops!

Block the number. It is that simple.

Not an option on my home phone. Besides the numbers are not the same often and sometimes comes up as "unknown ".

The only time I have gone onto the Carnival website is when the reports here came out of people getting free cruises. Otherwise I don't go on their website.

Talking with my PVP and having notes in my file NOT TO call never worked. But the 976 number sure works.

Of course, you can also give them the local FBI office or IRS office number. Either way, you will stop getting the calls. Seriously, what need do they have of your phone number unless you have a cruise booked? And once you do, just change the phone number.

A no brainer.

• 8 months later...

Thanks so much for this tip!

I didn't use a 976 number but I used one that says all circuits are busy or something like that.

I had a pesty PVP once. His name was Alex, and he called me All. The. Time. And this was at the period in my life where I was just not in a position to book a cruise. This one time I said “I can’t do a cruise right now. I don’t have anyone to go with. You sound cute, though. You want to go with me?” He was like “uhhh…I’m married.” He never called me again. :)

My PVP used to call CONSTANTLY. Like seriously every single day. I was getting super annoyed, but never asked them to stop calling or anything. Now she never calls. I haven't heard from her in months, so we just booked a cruise on our own without her help.

My PVP was calling me every day for like 3 weeks straight. During one of our conversations, I specifically gave her a day and time to get back with me [like a week later] b/c there were people in my group that were not ready to book yet [we all wanted to book together]...

She proceeds to call me the very next day! Luckily, I screen my phone calls but at this point, I was kinda annoyed b/c I we obviously would not be ready to book. And come to think of it, she kept telling me several cabins on a certain deck [that I had been eyeballing for a while in my mock bookings] were no longer available. And yeah, they are all still available.

Maybe she was told to push some of the cabins on a different deck or something, I don't know. But anyways, to get her to quit calling so often, I shot her a quick email making sure she knew I would be booking the following week. I was not rude or anything b/c I don't believe anyone needs to be that way to get their point across. Haven't heard from her since :D I'm probably not going to book with her though...

Carnival must be using an auto dialer for these PVPs. They aren't dialing your number and calling you, the system is calling automatically and their computer brings up your your account when they call. Collection agencies use the same technology...