Can I make a purchase prior to sailing?

mpdahmer

I have never purchased the drink package before and I have looked on the Carnival website for and answer with no luck, so I am turning to my friends at CC.

I would like to purchase the (adult) drink package prior to sailing. Is this possible or do I have to purchase it on the day of sailing on the ship?

This is not a debate of "if" I should get the package just a matter of how and when.

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter...

Can only purchase on the ship. If you want it the first day (and you have to buy it on the first day or the second to get it), you can just put it on your S&S card at the lobby bar or the aft bar on Lido deck. It may be sold at other bars, but those are the places we have bought our Cheers program on previous cruises.

One more tip: If you're sailing from a Florida port WAIT until after the ship has left port to purchase your Cheers package. If you do it in port you will be charged sales tax, which can be up to $30. Once the ship has left port (about 1/2 hour after departure) the sales tax comes off.

One more tip: If you're sailing from a Florida port WAIT until after the ship has left port to purchase your Cheers package. If you do it in port you will be charged sales tax, which can be up to $30. Once the ship has left port (about 1/2 hour after departure) the sales tax comes off.

This is not accurate.

Tax is NEVER charged on the Cheers program itself, regardless of when you purchase it.

After purchasing it and while still in your embarkation port you will be charged tax on any drink you order with your Cheers program.

No tax on the cheers program, and the tax on individual drinks purchased prior to getting into international waters, is charged on any drinks whether you purchase the cheers program or if you buy your drinks individually. The tax has nothing to do with the cheers program

Oops!

When you purchase the NON-alcoholic drink package (Bottomless Bubbles) in port you are charged sales tax on the *entire* purchase. I made the incorrect assumption that it would be the same for the alcoholic beverage package as well.

According to the Carnival FAQ you'll be charged sales tax on any individual drinks ordered under the package while in U.S. waters only.

My apologies.

Jeff

Are the taxes charged at all ports? We are sailing out of Baltimore in August.

Baltimore does charge taxes on individual drinks. In fact they charge a tax for a longer time then most as it takes so long to get to the ocean. On my last cruise from Baltimore I think they charged a tax until about 11pm