Driving in Sydney

lomo

I was thinking about renting a car and driving from Sydney to Baddeck and I was wondering how easy it is to navigate the roads there. I looked up the directions on mapquest and they look a little tricky. I was wondering if anyone can comment on how easy it is for tourists to make this drive.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

if your driving from sydney take kings road out to sydney river to the 125 highway exit it will read to North sydney Baddeck ect. take that one and follow the signs to baddedck its easy once your on the 125 don't take any other exits til you reach baddeck itself there are 3 different exits for this but all of them will lead you in t6o the heart of baddeck.:) :)

Thanks for your response. It sounds like the drive might be easy and do-able for a tourist like me. Are you saying that I can take any of the 3 exits for Baddeck and it would lead me to town or is there ond in particular that I should take? And, do I follow the same road back? Should I be concerned about the weather -- fog or rain in early September?

I was wondering if you might also have a suggestion for a good place to eat lunch in Baddeck.

Thanks so much for your help.

all of the 3 exits will bring right downtown baddeck don't blink you'll miss it. I would suggest the first exit its the old highway in . The resturant i would suggest would be the Bell Bouy its the best in town for Seafood. and i would be happy with anything on the menu. i hope this helps you. and if you didn't want to drive email me back & i'll suggest a local tour company down here that will take care of you right. til then take care:)

Thank you so much for your great information. I think I am going to brave it and try to drive. It should be okay, as long as the weather is not bad. Also, thank you for your restaurant recommendation. I will try them as long as I can still eat seafood after all the other ports I will be in prior to Sydney. You are a great source of information and I appreciate the help. I'm leaving tomorrow and will be in Sydney next week.

Thanks again,

Archived