Crazy or what ? ( sunshine )

JackieH

We booked the sunshine for aug 2015.. Yes. 14 months away !!! We booked 5 in an inside cabin .. Anybody else ever done it? How was it? We are trying to save money and have booked 2 rooms in

The past .

A cruise is a cruise .. Im still excited :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We booked the sunshine for aug 2015.. Yes. 14 months away !!! We booked 5 in an inside cabin .. Anybody else ever done it? How was it? We are trying to save money and have booked 2 rooms in

The past .

Our first cruise was 5 people to an inside. (what is the price difference for the 2 cabins?)

we saved over 700 doing it that way.

An over the door shoe holder is a MUST (but two- one for each side of the bathroom.

Unpack the bags and do not live out of suit cases. Store the empty cases UNDER the bed.

Dirty clothes go in the one suitcase. NOTHING on the vanity-- use the shoe holder. Keep the cabin organized...once that organization gets away that cabin will close in on you.

Use the showers in the spa.. more space and less time getting ready for dinner

do NOT expect to keep the two lower beds together. (in other words you and honey will be sleeping seperate in order to maximize floor space

Put the two beds that are on the floor UNDER the upper beds. Your roll away WILL GO on the floor there.

Keeping the beds together-- you just used up all your floor space.

Edited by serene56

I've never done more than two in a room, but have seen on the boards here where people have booked 5 on an inside and been happy and paid that price.

THEN when significant price drops happen (IF/WHEN) they have used those savings to get another room.

I guess that all depends on whether or not the price ever goes down enough, plus your flexibility at potentially having two rooms far away from each other.

It's one thing to think about though, for the months ahead.

(I have some cruises booked for Feb 2016, I know your feels, it hurts to wait for them! I do have one booked for Sept this year, but am now more excited for the later ones...)

It will be and my husband .. And 3 kids 21 yr old son, 16 yr old daughter , 11 yr kid daughter ..

That's how old they will be next summer

It will be and my husband .. And 3 kids 21 yr old son, 16 yr old daughter , 11 yr kid daughter ..

I might have tried it if they were small kids, but that's more like 4 1/2 adults. Good luck!

We made it with 4 adult females. Not 5, but was still pretty cozy. The spa showers saved us. We all agreed it was a fun time. 2 rooms would have been great but it would have definitely changed the whole trip. We have great memories we all 4 shared in. Good times!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh Hell NO!!!

Don't let people scare you. I do think 5 in a cabin will be a challenge - but make it fun. We did one with DH, myself and DD and best friend both 16. We just laughed every time we fell over something. Surprisingly, it went well. We were on a tight budget that year so it was 4 in a cabin or no cruise.

EVERYONE needs to make up their mind to have a great time and not let little things spoil the cruise. Yes, things will get lost, sleep times will vary, no way you will ever all agree on a tv station or cabin temperature - but you can have an AMAZING vacation in spite of it. You can make some great memories. We actually had some great talks in the dark after we were all settled in bed. We laughed and talked about the day - also, some great, rare conversations with 16 year olds. I say go for it!

For some, budget has never been a deciding factor - so it's easy to say NO WAY to 5 in a cabin. Positive attitudes can prevail.

We had 4 adult women in an oceanview. Me, mom, grandma and aunt. .....it was definitely an adventure but we made the most of it. We don't do it anymore bc of the tight squeeze but to each their own. I do recommend utilizing the spa showers.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I think it is very doable....but wouldn't u and hubby like a room to urself, after all it's your vacation and u worked hard for it! That being said, if u have to stay in a budget, it will still be a blast!

This past Dec 2013 we went on the pride with just my 2 daughters ..so we had 4 in the room .. And honestly it wasn't bad at all .. Now we are just adding my son . It was about $1000 for a a2nd cabin. Yes we cruise on a budget and figured we could use the $1000 on other fun things in the cruise .. We are all excited ! :-)

have your kids cruised before?

how is the 16 year old girl with primping with make up and hair?

that would be my only concern. There is ONE outlet in the cabin and its by the vanity--which everyone shares.

there is no outlet in the bathroom for hair dryers, curling irons. etc.

My suggestion is to let the kids know now about showering in the gym/spa area.

i had me and 4 kids-- 13, 15, 17 and 19.

the 13 was a girl and the rest boys so I didnt deal with primping.

I would do anything to avoid that....recently had DH suggest a spring cruise to Caribbean with DD 23 and DS 15....i refused to go unless we got two rooms....it is a holiday and just wouldn't be able to relax at all....we can barely stand a hotel room with the four of us for more than two nights and they are much bigger than a cruise room!

My teenage daughter is not much of a primper.. Her hair is wash and go.. She does wear makeup but that doesn't take long .. I'm

The only one who uses a hair dryer .

When we were on the pride this past dec.. It honestly wasn't bad at all.. We will be only adding my son and doesn't primp at all ;-)

We did 4 women in an interior back in February. All with super thick long hair. It was simple and easy and we don't always get along. Just do the keeping neat advice and you'll be okay.

And btw we never used the spa showers. We just staggered getting ready times.

Edited by Sumsss

From when my son was 16, every year, sometimes twice a year, we did four in an inside cabin for most of the cruises. He always was aloud to bring either a friend or a girlfriend with him, as he was an only child. I loved the quality time we got to spend together when getting ready for the day or dinner and at nite when we went to bed. We didn't see much of him other than that and shore excursions. The first time I booked him in a separate cabin, I cried. I enjoyed the togetherness so much, it just wouldn't be the same. But it turned out nice that my husband and I could have some alone time, but I wouldn't give up those special times for anything. Go and just have fun. Enjoy the quality time together.

The biggest problem will be modesty issues with teens if they have any. Our boys are almost 9 and they are very aware of their developing bodies; we were in an interior spa on the Dream which is tiny and we hit our heads on the upper bunks a few times, cursing in despair- it hurts! The boys would want to change in the bathroom or be alone in there with the door shut and I couldn't even grab something off the shelf. My parents shared a regular sized interior with my sister once and they said it was very tight with two primping women. I agree if anyone needs time to do their hair or whatever, go to the spa, unless it's just that one person and he/she can use the one chair in the room in front of the mirror. Hubby would always take one or both the boys and let me get ready alone- they would grab ice cream or something. The only time I needed that extra time was elegant night to iron my hair and put on mineral make-up. I guess I am really slow because I don't usually do those things on a daily basis, pretty simple plain jane most days. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The past .

I found out on a cabin crawl on the Sunshine that the interior rooms on Riviera were a lot bigger than the interior spa cabins.