questions about NCC

I purchased NCCs over a year ago. I never used them before, as I usually just book a specific cruise while on the cruise. I know that the offer has changed since then. What benefits can I expect to receive when I go to use them now?

The NCCs are all in my name, but I was told that they were transferrable, so if I book two cabins (the second one for my kids), can I still use the NCC that's in my name for that cabin?

Also, I put a courtesy hold on two cabins yesterday. The price has gone way up between yesterday and today. If I decide to book that cruise, can I use my NCCs? Or, since I was issued a new reservation # for the courtesy hold, do I lose the price if I switch to the reservation # on the NCC?

I purchased NCCs over a year ago. I never used them before, as I usually just book a specific cruise while on the cruise. I know that the offer has changed since then. What benefits can I expect to receive when I go to use them now?

The NCCs are all in my name, but I was told that they were transferrable, so if I book two cabins (the second one for my kids), can I still use the NCC that's in my name for that cabin?

Also, I put a courtesy hold on two cabins yesterday. The price has gone way up between yesterday and today. If I decide to book that cruise, can I use my NCCs? Or, since I was issued a new reservation # for the courtesy hold, do I lose the price if I switch to the reservation # on the NCC?

Pre March 2014 OBC amounts:

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

You should be able to transfer the NCC to someone else, but I believe it has to be done before the NCC is assigned to a cruise. Call C&A to transfer.

I don't know if you can use an NCC to replace a cruise on hold. Again, I'd call C&A and see if they will allow this. As you said, the hold is a booking and the NCC is a booking, so something has to give.

Edited by clarea

are a NCC and a FCC the same thing? I've seen references to both.

They are not the same thing, but many people use the term FCC incorrectly.

FCC is a Future Cruise Certificate, usually issued because of some problem on a cruise, and is a discount for a future cruise. It's not a booking, like the NCC is, it's applied to a booking (within limits of the FCC terms) to get a discount on the price of a cruise.