Yankee Clipper-Fort Lauderdale

jazncruiser

I just went online and booked, thru Priceline, the Yankee Clipper. Anyone recently, can give me any info? We will be there for only 1 night. On the return trip, need to book another hotel for the night we arrive. Any suggestions? Price range 75-115. Thanks for you help.:)

• 3 weeks later...

JazNcruiser-

I too booked YC thru Priceline for the 15th. There is a boatshow starting the next week and its been hard to get anything after the cruise. I paid a bit less than you, but not much. If you need something for the 23rd I'd jump on it though.

Check TripAdvisor first for reviews.

Can I ask what ship you are on?

LL

Yankee Clipper is old & tired and in need of it's upcoming remodel... Renaissance is the nicest hotel on SE 17th Street - Wonderful hotel within easy, safe walking distance of everything you could possibly want.

Leaninleeward,

We are booked on HAL Volendam 0ct 16...10 day southern caribbean..can't wait!

We still need a room for the day we get back, which is Oct 26th, anyone with any suggestions?

October 28 will not be an easy date to get a room in FLL, at least at a reasonable price. This is the big international boat show weekend - most hotels are charging rack rates or better.

Ron

October 28 will not be an easy date to get a room in FLL, at least at a reasonable price. This is the big international boat show weekend - most hotels are charging rack rates or better.

Ron

Luckily these folks will be in FLL on Oct 26th so they shouldn't have quite as much difficulty. As Coiran said your date is just before the boat show. I would definitely book something that you can cancel right away. Then play with Priceline a bit and see if you can get a 3 or 4 star at a good rate. I wouldn't wait very long though. We were in Fort Lauderdale last year a week prior to the boat show and the day after. Hotels before hand were very full. Good luck.

We have stayed at both the Clipper and the Renaissance. The Renaissance is nicer, but the Clipper is fun and right on the beach.

Renaissance Plantation is a very nice hotel (http://www.renaissanceplantation.com/), very similar to the one on SE 17th Street, but about a year newer. If you stay there though you should have a rental car as it's in an office park alongside I-595 and there's absolutely nothing to walk to but a few office buildings. It's about 15 minutes west of Port Everglades/FLL.

Thanks for the info! I think that since this is our 3rd time in FLL, we should rent at car and see what we can see and We will probably stay that hotel. Thanks again! If you get out to Northern California, Sacto area we can direct you also.

Archived