The Palm Trees are Really Cool: A Pictorial Review of the Valor's Southern Route

Nicole721

I am SO glad I found you again! I had read a couple of your blog series a couple of years ago, a Miracle cruise and a Disney trip, I think. Anyway, I have a question, as we are doing the Valor this coming Sunday...quick squeal of delight.....after booking it in July, of 2013! You mentioned buying Gasolinas at the airport dufry shop, so I am guessing that they don't count as liquids and you can just carry them on in your carry-on? Forgive me if that sounds like a "Duh!" question, it's been years since I have cruised. :)

I think if she bought it at the duty free store, she'd already cleared security so the liquid rule wouldn't apply.

We dropped our purchases off at the room (which still hadn’t been made up yet), changed into our swim gear and headed up to that adults-only aft pool. And much to our delight, it was completely empty, and we had not only the pool, but also the hot tubs, to ourselves for over an hour. Bliss.

IMG_4603.jpg

IMG_4615.jpg

When our fingertips were long past pruned and more of our fellow passengers began heading up to the pool to cool off from their adventures, we headed in for lunch. Since it was a port day, our options were limited to lido deck or…more lido deck or…room service. The Valor doesn’t have the Blue Iguana, or Guy’s Burgers, or the tandoor, or the pasta bar. It does have the pizza, and the Mongolian wok, and the deli, and the old school burrito bar and grill, and it even still has fish and chips, but it felt incredibly limiting. I found myself really missing the Blue Iguana. Especially when my stir fry wasn’t that good.

DSC_0766.jpg

They should not have a Mongolian Wok and have a Mediterranean Lido Restaurant. I can't think of anything more unappealing than Chinese Food. This is my 2 cents. Not that everyone will agree with me.