Early Saver price match question

PM2014

This is my 1st cruise, going on the Victory in August. I booked Early Saver, i noticed a price drop a week or 2 ago and submitted the price match form. 4 days later I still never heard back (yes or no), I emailed Carnival and still no response. I have submitted another form as the price has dropped again. Do they send a response or how does this work? I will be calling them if I dont get any response but I am a bit disappointed in their lack of communication considering i even emailed their customer support.

Definitely call... I would have waited at most 2 days before calling them if I hadn't heard back... Am glad I have a PVP since I would have just called him directly without submitting the form (and did this for one in the past).

Steve

I am on the Victory in August also (the 9th), and had 2 price drops. All I did was call the customer service line and they had the price changed in the system and new confirmations emailed within minutes. It was very painless. So far, for 2 balcony cabins, the price drops have been a total of $470. The last woman I spoke to even explained that we have until 8/7 to request any new price reductions.

I may have a PVP, I intially started to book thru their website but needed to book 3 cabins in dif catagories so I put my # in and a rep from carnival called me and booked for me, so PVP? Maybe my initial confirmation email will have their name?

Ill give them a call when I get home as after 2 forms and an email still no reaponse...

I have tried several times this morning to submit the form for a price reduction and when I click the submit button nothing happens.:confused:

UPDATE:

Tried again using Google Chrome and it worked!!

Edited by cruzin2010

This is my 1st cruise, going on the Victory in August. I booked Early Saver, i noticed a price drop a week or 2 ago and submitted the price match form. 4 days later I still never heard back (yes or no), I emailed Carnival and still no response. I have submitted another form as the price has dropped again. Do they send a response or how does this work? I will be calling them if I dont get any response but I am a bit disappointed in their lack of communication considering i even emailed their customer support.

I had the same problem...call 800 438 6744 and they will help

You have to make sure you are filling out the proper form. Last oct. my wife and me went on the dream and had five price drops. My DD and her family went on the same cruise. I called her every time the price dropped and it turned out she only received three of the five price drops. For the first two she filled out the wrong form and by the time she told me she did not get the drops it was to late to ask for the drops. They had went back up by then so she missed out. She was able to get the next three because she filled out the right form. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Both times the website told me it was submitted do I don't know

You should get an automated email stating the form was submitted. I have received one on every price drop I have sent in via the form on the website. Said email may be in your Junk folder.

You have to make sure you are filling out the proper form. Last oct. my wife and me went on the dream and had five price drops. My DD and her family went on the same cruise. I called her every time the price dropped and it turned out she only received three of the five price drops. For the first two she filled out the wrong form and by the time she told me she did not get the drops it was to late to ask for the drops. They had went back up by then so she missed out. She was able to get the next three because she filled out the right form. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

if she missed the first 2 and got the next 3 then she really didn't lose any money thankfully.:)

Bill

Never got any automated replies, not even i junk folder.

Just got a response from the customer service email from 4 days ago and I got the price drop so all good :-) guess ill call from now on instead of using the online form... so much for technology.

You should get an automated email stating the form was submitted. I have received one on every price drop I have sent in via the form on the website. Said email may be in your Junk folder.

I submitted a price drop via the form and did not get a confirmation email like I have in the past. This made we question whether or not it had gone through. I finally just called and got it taken care of immediately.

Never got any automated replies, not even i junk folder.

Just got a response from the customer service email from 4 days ago and I got the price drop so all good :-) guess ill call from now on instead of using the online form... so much for technology.

Glad you got it. I was just going to suggest you check your cruise docs under Manage My Cruise. It should be listed there on page 2.

Just got home, it wasn't paid in full yet so it lowed my final payment by $240, only downside it now final payment is due 6/10 instead of 7/10, no biggie but any new price drops will be OBC instead of actual money saved... all good though.. have 2 more rooms for the kids that I'm going to look into as well, will call for those those, they are paid in full so if it's enough difference i'll upgrade the rooms...

Print the screenshot of the lower price, specifically note the date and time that the offer was available. That way, if you can't get the form completed or get a call through to customer service or your PVP, you still have evidence of the lower price.

Since the form asks for date/time, even if it's gone back up by the time you file, you still have the proof.

I filed 7 price adjustments on three different bookings on a single cruise... one earned a senior rate, one a military rate and the last got a past-guest offer, and then we all got a last minute drop.

Even though I didn't book all three cabins (one was my sister's and the other my mom's) since I had their booking numbers I could file all the forms for them.

I submitted a price drop via the form and did not get a confirmation email like I have in the past. This made we question whether or not it had gone through. I finally just called and got it taken care of immediately.

I always call and they do take care of it immediately if the price dropped. They have always been more than helpful!

Called them up yesterday, no pvp since I did the booking so just called the customer service #. The lady that answered was very helpful. Got price reduction off my balance fot my room since it was paid in full. The other 2 rooms got OBC. Quick and painless. Will definitely call instead of the online form next time. Next question, havnt checked yet. Can the OBC be used to prepay tips or only used to pay tips from the accouny at the end of the cruise?

Thanks for the info all!

61 days to go

Do they do anything special if its a honeymoon cruise (and 1 time cruise)?