To All The Sailaway Addicts

mamaofami

You can see a glimpse of the ss American Victory, a preserved Liberty-class military transport ship and now a floating museum, behind the Carnival Paradise

Yeah I see it, I had no idea what that was except for the fact it is painted gray which usually signifies military ship of some sort. Thanks Copper for that information.

If I remember the Tampa port setup correctly, with the American Victory behind it the Paradise will need to back into the channel a bit before it heads out to sea.

Is that the terminal where the Ryndam usually docks?

Roy

If I remember the Tampa port setup correctly, with the American Victory behind it the Paradise will need to back into the channel a bit before it heads out to sea.

Is that the terminal where the Ryndam usually docks?

Roy

Yeah, you're right Roy; she needs to back into the turning basin before proceeding south into the Sparkman Channel and then into the Bay

Gangway/jetway is being pulled and some lines are being lowered

QM2 sails at 1700, 40 minutes from now.

Logging onto the website I also see that Dave and Lou just brought up a Tampa webcam. Sounds good for the Ryndam's final season.

Roy

Awesome!!! I've been asking them for this! Our next Caribbean cruise is out of Tampa in February....

. Sheila the 25 day TA on NA leaving from Venice looks amazing. Is that what what you're looking at?

I was sidetracked by the Noordam as we're going to Gibraltar...and Fred was fascinated when we cruised through the Gibraltar Straight last October...so this year, we want to go there. Next Fall, God willing, I will book the NA again.

I don't remember seeing fast rescue boats on the Statendam or Amsterdam. Are they hidden away somewhere?

Roy

Unlike the Vistas and Signatures, the "S" and "R" class don't have the "RHIB-type" fast rescue boats. They use a smaller version of the standard size lifeboat as rescue boat

SADMMOBDrill2_zps48c769cd.jpg

You can see a glimpse of the ss American Victory, a preserved Liberty-class military transport ship and now a floating museum, behind the Carnival Paradise

We cruised by that two years ago...very interesting. Fred wants to go back and go through it this year. Have you been there, John?

We cruised by that two years ago...very interesting. Fred wants to go back and go through it this year. Have you been there, John?

Yes; here in L.A./San Pedro we have the ss Lane Victory; she does about five short cruises a year

Thanks, John.

My last time in Tampa was with Blount Small Ship Adventures and we docked at the Marriott Waterside. It's about a mile from the big ship terminal, so I expect capturing toots from there is unlikely. It looks like the Ryndam's next visit there is November 16. That will be turnaround day in Tenerife on my Wind Star B2B, so I'll try to find an internet cafe. I think it's a bit iffy that I'll make it.

Roy