Double Crown & Anchor Points for solo pax?

Hi,

Just back from a RCI cruise where I paid 100% supplement for a cabin solo traveller.

I thought I'd read that they had changed the policy so that solo passengers paying double now also get double crown & Anchor points? But I can't find anything official and my RCI login has just credited only one point per night?

Any other solo passengers out there who have had double?

Might not seem like much but it's an extra 6 points and I've got another 8 nights booked (which if also doubled) takes me to the next level .

Hi,

Just back from a RCI cruise where I paid 100% supplement for a cabin solo traveller.

I thought I'd read that they had changed the policy so that solo passengers paying double now also get double crown & Anchor points? But I can't find anything official and my RCI login has just credited only one point per night?

Might not seem like much but it's an extra 6 points and I've got another 8 nights booked (which if also doubled) takes me to the next level .

Call C&A. Their system sometimes does not credit the double solo points properly. Several people have reported needing to call to get the points added.

Edited by clarea

I thought I'd read that they had changed the policy so that solo passengers paying double now also get double crown & Anchor points?

You do. However, keep in mind that while Crown & Anchor uses the term "double points", you in effect gain an additional point for cruising solo. It may seem like splitting hairs, but if you book solo in a suite, you get 3 points. If it were truly double, you'd get 4.

Bob - I asked the question in another thread that now seems to have been removed but I'd still like an answer if you happen to know.

In the instance that you book a cabin as a twin and your travel buddy doesn't show so you end up sailing as a solo in a double paid room would you still be eligible for the double points?

Reason I ask is because I have a cruise booked with my father who isn't in the best of health and may not make it. I had a friend lined up to take his place but she has now booked her own room with a family member. We both booked Promenade rooms on Voyager which have max occupancy of 2 and we really don't want to change our category as we aren't happy with any of the room locations left. If I'm eligible for the double points in this case then I'd be happy to continue with the booking as it is but if I weren't able to get those points I'd be trying pretty hard to find someone else to tag along with me but I'd rather keep the room to myself (it will be my birthday on board after all so why shouldn't I? :D). Yes I still have a few months until the cancellation window kicks in but I was a rookie at the time that booked through a travel agent that charges a cancellation fee (but then again I don't really have any intention of not going at all!).

Bob - I asked the question in another thread that now seems to have been removed but I'd still like an answer if you happen to know.

In the instance that you book a cabin as a twin and your travel buddy doesn't show so you end up sailing as a solo in a double paid room would you still be eligible for the double points?

Reason I ask is because I have a cruise booked with my father who isn't in the best of health and may not make it. I had a friend lined up to take his place but she has now booked her own room with a family member. We both booked Promenade rooms on Voyager which have max occupancy of 2 and we really don't want to change our category as we aren't happy with any of the room locations left. If I'm eligible for the double points in this case then I'd be happy to continue with the booking as it is but if I weren't able to get those points I'd be trying pretty hard to find someone else to tag along with me but I'd rather keep the room to myself (it will be my birthday on board after all so why shouldn't I? :D). Yes I still have a few months until the cancellation window kicks in but I was a rookie at the time that booked through a travel agent that charges a cancellation fee (but then again I don't really have any intention of not going at all!).

I'm just guessing as I've not read any reports regarding a similar situation. However, if you have two people booked, and one is a no-show, then you are in effect paying double for a single in a stateroom, and that is supposed to qualify for the extra points.

This happened to me and I got 6 points for a 3 night cruise. But I think it was only a limited time promotion thing, just send them a email and if you are due I'm sure they will give them you, they did for me. But, don't expect a quick answer, took about 3 weeks.

:p:o

This happened to me and I got 6 points for a 3 night cruise. But I think it was only a limited time promotion thing, just send them a email and if you are due I'm sure they will give them you, they did for me. But, don't expect a quick answer, took about 3 weeks.

:p:o

Not a limited promo. Listed under footnote 14:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

Presumably your father would know at least a few days in advance if he's unable to make the trip. If he cancels within 14 days of the cruise, he would lose his entire fare (if he has trip insurance, he may be able to be reimbursed). I don't believe that RCI would keep his fare and charge you more as a solo cruiser, since they would in effect be getting paid twice for one berth, but since you have time, you might want to research that point.

I hope he's able to go with you. Time with him would be an awesome birthday present.:)

I've had to do this on a number of bookings and the situation is not quite as straightforward as some of the responses would indicate.

First, as soon as you have a decision on whether your father can travel, get your TA to get RC to re-price the booking. This will be close to (but not exactly) the original price for 2. The reasons for differences are that you'll only have one set of taxes, one set of insurance, and any discounts and OBC will be pro-rated down. Depending on which of those you had it may be higher, or lower!

Second, if you both had insurance, don't forget that there are 2 separate insurances which need to be settled separately. Even if your father cancels early enough to get all of his fare back, your insurance will still cover the extra costs of the single supplement; in effect letting you cruise for roughly half the original cabin fare. The insurance company will expect you to inform RC as soon as you know he cannot travel.

Either way, the re-pricing of the ticket will ensure the extra points get credited to your account.

Have done 2 solo cruises since the solo points policy changed. Had to call C&A both time to get the proper points credited. Each time took 2 more week from the time the initial 1x points appeared in my account for the 2x points to be applied.

You actually have to be charged at and paid the solo rate to be eligible for the 2X points. In the situation described if RCCL recalculates your rate to a solo after your father cancels than you would get 2x points. If your father is a no show than only 1X points.

I travelled solo in a suite a couple of weeks ago. The points were updated within a week but only double points, not double plus the 'bonus' point per night. I contacted RCI straight away and spoke to someone in C&A who said 'I'll have to check if you are right' (er, yes, I know I am - I paid enough for the cruise) and after keeping me on hold for a few minutes, he came back and said that he would email Miami to update within the next few weeks... A couple of days later I logged in and the extra points had been updated :) Made all the difference as the extra 8 points made me Emerald!!

I'm sure you will get a positive outcome :)

Hi,

Forgive me if I don't 'get' this...but 100% means you paid for a solo cabin?

I hope I'm wrong on this, but solo's paying for a solo cabin don't get more than one point per night.

Now, if you paid for a cabin that requires a two-person fare, you are definately entitled to double points. You are entitled to three points if you stayed/payed for a Junior Suite or above.

I have had to call Crown and Anchor to replace 'points' that should have been awarded to me but weren't. It was straightened out in about a week.

If it is due, and you have not been compensated, please call them. It worked for me.

Forgive me if I don't 'get' this...but 100% means you paid for a solo cabin?

I hope I'm wrong on this, but solo's paying for a solo cabin don't get more than one point per night.

Now, if you paid for a cabin that requires a two-person fare, you are definately entitled to double points. You are entitled to three points if you stayed/payed for a Junior Suite or above.

I have had to call Crown and Anchor to replace 'points' that should have been awarded to me but weren't. It was straightened out in about a week.

If it is due, and you have not been compensated, please call them. It worked for me.

It was 100% supplement. I.e I paid 200% std cruise fare.

I've just recieved an email from RCCL Crown and Anchor confirming and they have credited me the extra points. :)

My last 2 cruises were Solo.. Navigator in April in a JS-- 3 points/day earned. I was credited the correct 21 days about 1 weeks after my cruise ended.

My last cruise was a few weeks ago on the Enchantment 3 day.. earned my 2 points/day and again was credited the correct 6 days about a week after sailing.