Celebrity free parking at Cape Liberty?

M&Dcruisers

I received an email from Celebrity advertising a sale on Bermuda cruises. In the ad it says "ask about our FREE PARKING at the port? Does anyone have information about this?

I believe that it is a resident special for the northeastern USA sates.

I received an email from Celebrity advertising a sale on Bermuda cruises. In the ad it says "ask about our FREE PARKING at the port? Does anyone have information about this?

This would be a nice perk! Does anyone have info to share on this? I didn't receive this email, but would love to know the specifics. I'm considering a cruise out of Bayonne and would likely park at the port.

I just booked the Summit for August using the Northeast resident special direct with Celebrity. In addition to the discount and the BC, they volunteered that the free parking voucher was included (I didn't have to ask for it), that it was worth $133 (so $19 per day) and it will be mailed to me via snail mail.

I booked two cabins, but they are only sending me one voucher since we are a party of 4 all from the same address, so we were obviously traveling together in one vehicle.

Just verifying what I was told by Celebrity regarding the free parking at Cape Liberty. They said it was only good for Balcony rooms and above. Do those of you that received it, have a balcony or above booked? We are in an oceanview so they wouldn't give it to us.

Thanks for the info though....it was worth a try.

Just verifying what I was told by Celebrity regarding the free parking at Cape Liberty. They said it was only good for Balcony rooms and above. Do those of you that received it, have a balcony or above booked? We are in an oceanview so they wouldn't give it to us.

Thanks for the info though....it was worth a try.

Yes

I assume this is a perk that is offered at booking. I can't get it if I am already paid in full and leaving in a couple of weeks - or can I?

I would call and ask. Probably not, because I assume it has to be for new bookings, or bookings made within a certain time period, but what can you lose by asking?

What a nice perk!!! They should offer it more often because that could sway a lot of people to take a cruise out of Bayonne knowing there wasn't another "add-on".

I called my TA today to check on this. Apparently Celebrity considers the Northeast to be NY, NJ, and CT. I must have missed the memo telling New England they were no longer part of the northeast. Apparently my local weather people missed the memo as well, as we had a very long and cold northeast winter this year. I wonder what part of the country I live in now. I hope it is the southeast!!!!!

I received the email on Friday, June 6th headed "Massachusetts residents can save now. Save later. Save twice."

In the body of the email, it read: "Book your vacation May 12-June 15, 2014 to enjoy this offer. Plus, ask about our FREE PARKING at the port."

Having booked during that period for the June 15th sailing, I immediately called Celebrity and was told I was eligible for the voucher and that I was the first person to have called about the offer.

On Monday, having called to called about a problem printing our xpress pass (Celebrity couldn't print it, either), I asked to make sure the voucher was in the mail, as we are sailing on Sunday and we need to have the voucher by Saturday.

At that time, I was informed that there was a "problem" with the voucher. Two hours, three representatives and a long explanation about how marketing, customer service and revenue can't agree who has to pay for my voucher (I don't care, really, I just want what I was told I qualified for), I was given an equivalent OBC through Resolutions.

It is disappointing that the certified vacation planners are told one thing, which they tell the customers, and Celebrity does quite another thing. I wonder how many other people simply gave up without fighting for what they were promised...

My TA emailed me today that she complained to Celebrity and I am getting OBC to cover the price of parking T the port. A very nice surprise and a reason to have a TA that specializes in cruises advocating for you. My TA is part of a large consortium with purchasing power and the ability to influence consumers decisions, celebrity would tell me to have a nice cruise.

I called my TA today to check on this. Apparently Celebrity considers the Northeast to be NY, NJ, and CT. I must have missed the memo telling New England they were no longer part of the northeast. Apparently my local weather people missed the memo as well, as we had a very long and cold northeast winter this year. I wonder what part of the country I live in now. I hope it is the southeast!!!!!

They should have worded it Tri-state

Edited by 20pluscruises

Based on this thread, I had my TA check today (MD residents here who booked under Take 2/ Take Both). Supposedly the vouchers are inhe mail... and they added this as part of the package, but only if you asked?!?!

We'll watch closely to see if the vouchers come. Has anyone received the vouchers in the mail?

I received the email on Friday, June 6th headed "Massachusetts residents can save now. Save later. Save twice."

In the body of the email, it read: "Book your vacation May 12-June 15, 2014 to enjoy this offer. Plus, ask about our FREE PARKING at the port."

Having booked during that period for the June 15th sailing, I immediately called Celebrity and was told I was eligible for the voucher and that I was the first person to have called about the offer.

On Monday, having called to called about a problem printing our xpress pass (Celebrity couldn't print it, either), I asked to make sure the voucher was in the mail, as we are sailing on Sunday and we need to have the voucher by Saturday.

At that time, I was informed that there was a "problem" with the voucher. Two hours, three representatives and a long explanation about how marketing, customer service and revenue can't agree who has to pay for my voucher (I don't care, really, I just want what I was told I qualified for), I was given an equivalent OBC through Resolutions.

It is disappointing that the certified vacation planners are told one thing, which they tell the customers, and Celebrity does quite another thing. I wonder how many other people simply gave up without fighting for what they were promised...

Do you happen to still have a copy of that email you'd be willing to forward? I can't seem to find mine and they wanted to see the email. Thanks.

My TA emailed me today that she complained to Celebrity and I am getting OBC to cover the price of parking T the port. A very nice surprise and a reason to have a TA that specializes in cruises advocating for you. My TA is part of a large consortium with purchasing power and the ability to influence consumers decisions, celebrity would tell me to have a nice cruise.

I must contact my TA ...she is great and I know as a Elite Captains Club member she will fight for us...

Thx

Pema

We booked our 6/22 cruise through Celebrity. After seeing posts on Cruise Critic about free parking, my husband called the Captains Club on Monday 6/2. They said they weren't sure if they had any more vouchers but would get back to us. It came in the mail yesterday with a card wishing us a great cruise!!