Current info CSA vs Travelex travel ins

Boards have old posts:

Oasis in Nov. 2014

CSA provides pre-existing conditions at TIME OF FINAL PAYMENT but says 180 days out ......

Travelex does not do pre-existing UNLESS paid at DEPOSIT but is the PRIMARY

provider for medical, CSA is secondary

I like the thought of primary (Travelex) and think 100,000 for evacuation from

Caribbean ports to USA sounds enough...

If I were cruising in Europe would probably get MedJet

Any subjective feedback appreciated.

Even if you "think" you don't have a pre-existing condition situation the "Waiver of Pre-Existing Conditions" is advantageous in that you avoid claim delays and inconvenience for the insurer to try to search-out a pre-existing condition in your background so as to nullify the claim. So your claim might be processed quicker.

CSA Trip Insurance includes "Waiver of Pre-Existing conditions" if the Policy is purchased by Final Payment. Otherwise, the lookback window for pre-existing conditions is 180 days prior to date of purchase of the Policy (a previously controlled condition that got worse/changed during that 180 days or a condition that newly occurs in that 180 days would not be covered). If you're looking at CSA policies, look at CSA Freestyle as well as CSA Custom and compare the two.

TravelEx includes "Waiver of Pre-Existing Conditions" if you purchase within 14-21 days of Booking (I forget exactly how many days). Otherwise, the lookback window for pre-existing conditions is ?? days prior to date of purchase of the Policy (a previously controlled condition that got worse/changed during that ?? days or a condition that newly occurs in that ?? days would not be covered).

Primary coverage means (to you) that TravelEx will not have to go thru "coordination of Benefits" with your other HealthCare Insurance(s) and your claim should therefore be quicker and less paperwork. If all other selection factors are equal, I'd prefer Primary! If you don't have other healthcare, it's pretty meaningless.

From the research I did some time ago, I concluded that $50,000 Medical coverage and $100,000 MedEvax coverage would be the minimum coverages I'd want. Many policies have much larger MedEvac coverage.

Ken

Edited by Ken076

It looks that the TravelEx lookback window for pre-existing conditions is 60 days.

If I was buying a Policy without the "Waiver of Pre-Existing Conditions" and all other selection criteria were equal, I'd want the Policy with the shortest lookback window.

ken