Larnaca Beach Transfer

Thomson are offering a 5.5 hour beach transfer from Larnaca Cyprus.

Has anyone opted for this excursion and know what beach it is ? (as it does not say), and I was wondering about travel time Versus actual beach time .

And should I presume there are no beaches near the Larnaca Port ?

Your valuable info is much appreciated.

Larnaca town has a nice beach itself.

You could walk it into the town from the port in around 30 mins but they also do a shuttle for about £5 each return. This drops you off right on the town beach at the start of the shopping area.

You will have the best of both worlds doing this, the beach when we have been is full of locals so it can't be too bad, and all the bars on the front then nice shops a block back.

No pictures of the beach as such, but this is the front:

2e1exae.jpg

The beach in Larnaca is very nice and clean. I would advise taking the £5 return shuttle from the ship as, when you dock, it looks very close to the town/beach. In actual fact you have to walk quite a way to the perimiter fence which is to the right (about 15 mins) and then double back towards the town (again 15 mins). You can then walk the length of the promenade which is quite long. We got to the perimiter/customs and, as it was very hot, decided to take a taxi into the town. This cost 8 euros for the 2 of us but we wished we'd taken the shuttle. We had realised it was quite a walk and had tried to book the shuttle in the morning but it was booked up till 1pm, this is why we decided to walk. Best to book in advance if you want to go in the morning.

Larnaca is very nice - we took the taxi to the old fort which is quite central. There are shops and bars in the back streets as well as on the front and we found a good market for souvenirs etc.

Thank You both for your info.

I will save my money (trip was £18 each) and stay local.

I think Id even tackle the walk, we enjoy a long walk in the sunshine (obviously with a few wine stops on the way) (well it is a holiday after all)

Many Thanks again.