Cunard fare drop + QV balcony question.

bunkrest

If and when Cunard drop their fares for a particular cruise (in order to fill empty cabins)do they drop the "early saver fare"and leave the full price "Cunard fare"as it is?

Second Question,QV (BC) cabin 4179/4180 on the deck plan it shows these cabins as having double the size balconies does anyone know if the divide between can be opened?

Many thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Second Question,QV (BC) cabin 4179/4180 on the deck plan it shows these cabins as having double the size balconies does anyone know if the divide between can be opened?
Hi bunkrest,

I'm talking about QE here, as I don't have a similar photo of QV :o , but here:

QE At Zeebrugge

You can see the two equivalent cabins on QE. Note that the balconies are standard size with a wasted space between them. Now, QV could be different, or could be the same layout. I wish I could help you further. The QE deck plans do show the layout correctly as it really is, by the way.

But I wouldn't trust the deck-plans (they are riddled with mistakes and errors, esp QM2's). I'd do more investigating of QV before I'd be sure that the deck plan was correct in this case.

In my experience, most dividers between balconies can be opened but not all (esp those on Deck 11 QM2). If this is important to you, then ask here on this board for people who've done this on QV and therefore KNOW the correct cabin numbers.

I wish I had a photo of QV that showed this area of the ship :o :(

Best wishes,

Edited by pepperrn

Hi again.

I did a search under google images "queen victoria cruise ship" and found several pictures (some clear, some less so) that seem to show that the QV deck-plans are indeed, in this case, correct. Those two cabins do appear to have very large balconies. Sorry that I can't link to the photos, and don't wish to copy them and post them here for copyright reasons (I didn't take them), but I hope this helps you.

All best wishes,

Thanks pepperrn I've just googled QV and found a similar pic to QE.

Interestingly on the QE pic it looks like there's a divide stoping each of the cabins from using the extra space but with the QV pick the divide is clearly in the middle of the white space...just need to find out if that divide opens thus creating a balcony 4 cabins long..I don't want much do I...:-)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have been in 4180 & it does indeed have a double sized balcony big enough for a couple of Sun loungers & 2 chairs & a table , Whilst we where there the steward opened up the dividers so that they could re varnish the Railings