Crowded? Princess Ships

DeRon

I haven't been on Royal, but Ruby was the most crowded ship I have ever been on. Caribbean was a close second but for me, Ruby was the worst.

I guess a lot depends on the activity and of course perception. We were onboard the Ruby right before Aquahound and thought it was one of the lesser crowded ships we had been on recently.

And the Ruby and Caribbean are the same size ships with the same passenger capacities.

Mike:)

Does anyone know the passenger space ratio on he Royal and Regal? We would like to try these ships. The ratio is poor on Caribbean and her sisters, they added five hundred passengers to the Grand class design without adding space in the public venues. The crowds are especially annoying on sea days and when the weather is bad.

The best ratio is on the Coral/Island, considered to be premium level ships. I would sail these ships anywhere, anytime.

I have not sailed the Ocean or Pacific princess but the Oceania version is divine, lots of open space and totally uncrowded.

No matter what the size of the ship, there are going to be times there will be a big crowd because of the number of passengers involved in an activity. Some examples:

o Captain's welcome party and Champagne waterfall in the atrium.

o Outside the traditional dining room at the starting times on embarkation day

o When a Princess Theater show lets out, especially if there are passengers waiting for the next show

o By the photo gallery the last evening

o Lines to get off the ship when disembarkation starts in any port.

etc.

The above is true on all Princess ships as well as on those of other mass market cruise lines.

Even Island Princess with a good pax/space ratio was crowded at those times.

LuLu

Edited by OCruisers

Does anyone know the passenger space ratio on he Royal and Regal? We would like to try these ships. The ratio is poor on Caribbean and her sisters, they added five hundred passengers to the Grand class design without adding space in the public venues. The crowds are especially annoying on sea days and when the weather is bad.

The best ratio is on the Coral/Island, considered to be premium level ships. I would sail these ships anywhere, anytime.

I have not sailed the Ocean or Pacific princess but the Oceania version is divine, lots of open space and totally uncrowded.

The Princess R class ships are like Oceania. I have never felt crowded and service is excellent on them. The cabins are also larger.

Edited by dorisis

On our transatlantic cruise on the Ruby we felt more crowded than on any Star ,Golden etc. 400 more people for the same space most notable on sea days as we had 7 in a row.

Edited by hb1491

IMO the passenger space ratio is the only way to determine how crowded overall a ship might be.

And again IMO if you have been on the Caribbean or its twins and it wasn't crowded, it wasn't full.

Haven't been on the Royal or Regal and really don't want to, but might have to.:rolleyes:

And with the Island leaving for awhile it gets me closer to Disney World again.:(

On our transatlantic cruise on the Ruby we felt more crowded than on any Star ,Golden etc. 400 more people for the same space most notable on sea days as we had 7 in a row.

We've been on 2 Ruby ta's with a third scheduled for September, and we never felt crowded. We felt crowded on one Caribbean cruise, but we were fine on the ta's.

I'm also one of those who felt that the Royal was not as crowded as other Princess ships. There is sufficient space for everyone to have an uncrowded experience however just like on any other ship if too many people want to do the same thing at the same time it will be crowded.

I hate crowds and was very hesitant to move up from smaller ships such as the old Dawn Princess with 700 passengers to a 2500 passenger Grand-class ship. My concerns were unfounded and as cruise lines build larger ships they're finding efficient ways to handle even larger crowds.

I'm so happy to read your comment about ships with 2500 people. We're going on the Golden in a few weeks and it will definitely seem huge to us. Most of our cruising has been on small intimate ships with maximum 400-600 people with a space ratio over 60. Thank you.:)

Edited by petlover

I'm so happy to read your comment about ships with 2500 people. We're going on the Golden in a few weeks and it will definitely seem huge to us. Most of our cruising has been on small intimate ships with maximum 400-600 people with a space ratio over 60. Thank you.:)

In March we enjoyed sailing a month on the Golden & hopefully so will you. :)

Both the Horizon Court and Atrium areas on the Royal/Regal are soooo much bigger than on the Grand class that it never seemed crowded to me. I was on the TA with all the Rockin' Royal Cheerleaders who have posted before me.