Question about the riverside hotel in Fort Lauderdale

cruz chic

I'm liking the sound of this location' date=' I had heard many recommendations for the Embassy Suites, but this sounds like more my kind of place. Is it far from the port?[/quote']

The Embassy Suites is closer to the port.

If I were in town for a few days, I'd prefer the Las Olas location, or a hotel on the beach. If I were only in Fort Lauderdale for one night, I'd be okay with something on SE 17th Street, like the Embassy Suites.

Doing your hotel search with a map handy is a really good idea. This area has a lot of hotels. Some are in great locations with plenty to do. Others are not.

Depending upon traffic, it is roughly 15 minute taxi ride to Port Everglades.

Exactly. I'd guess that the difference in taxi fare between the Embassy Suites & Riverside is probably about $6 to $8 dollars, possibly less.

I'm liking the sound of this location' date=' I had heard many recommendations for the Embassy Suites, but this sounds like more my kind of place. Is it far from the port?[/quote']

The last time I went to Fort Lauderdale I stayed at the Hyatt Place. I was not impressed at all with it. I'm so so on Embassy suites but they wanted $249 per night. There is no way I'm paying that for that hotel. If it was San Diego that would be cheap:D. Anyway, I think I've got the Riverside for about $175 so I thought I would try it. We shall see. I'll miss total wine because I won't be trucking over there for my one bottle of wine I carry on.

Why, Carol?

Can't the hotel doorman get one when you are ready to leave?

Las Olas Blvd is a very popular area. Taxis are plentiful because there are so many stores and restaurants in the area.

You shouldn't have any problems getting a taxi. Just ask the doorman how much lead time you need.

Why, Carol?

Can't the hotel doorman get one when you are ready to leave?

Yes, but it can be a longer wait. We found it better to let them know the night before what time we would be needing the taxi and then they were there waiting for us. We might have needed a small van because I had a scooter.

Las Olas Blvd is a very popular area. Taxis are plentiful because there are so many stores and restaurants in the area.

You shouldn't have any problems getting a taxi. Just ask the doorman how much lead time you need.

The times we didn't rent a car, if DH wanted to shop in Maus & Hoffman, we never had any problem getting a taxi back to Hyatt Pier 66. Restaurants always called a taxi for us after dinner if we didn't have a rental. Same for Galleria.

Yes, but it can be a longer wait. We found it better to let them know the night before what time we would be needing the taxi and then they were there waiting for us. We might have needed a small van because I had a scooter.

Ah, yes. I forgot about the scooter.

I agree with Carol, let them know the night before that you will be needing transportation to the port and at what time. The taxi/limo area is on the back side of the hotel across from the swimming pool.

I'd also suggest you contact them again and request a "tower" room. The rooms in the original part of the building are kind of dark and without any kind of view. Also if there is an event being held (ie., wedding reception) the music usually can be heard in a lot of the original rooms.

Breakfast street side is wonderful!

Enjoy your stay. :D

I agree with Carol, let them know the night before that you will be needing transportation to the port and at what time. The taxi/limo area is on the back side of the hotel across from the swimming pool.

I'd also suggest you contact them again and request a "tower" room. The rooms in the original part of the building are kind of dark and without any kind of view. Also if there is an event being held (ie., wedding reception) the music usually can be heard in a lot of the original rooms.

Thx for the info. I appreciate it.

I now have a tower room for about $30 more a night which is fine. I would not be happy with a noisy room so I appreciate the info. Thx.

This thread strikes me as being what Cruise Critic is all about - a great exchange of information leading to a successful conclusion.:)

^^ Yes' date=' that. :)

[/b']

This thread strikes me as being what Cruise Critic is all about - a great exchange of information leading to a successful conclusion.:)

^^ Yes' date=' that. :)

[/b']

Totally agree. This thread has been great! So many good ideas!