Need advice re:Avalon and complaints

Zeno

Thx to Avalon for responding.

I got an email from my friend late yesterday yes it was the Luminary. She has returned quite ill (She is seeing a Dr. today) - so I don't know when I will be able to actually speak to her. (hopefully by tonight)

I WILL email her with the message from Avalon (once again thx so much for your response Avalon). Personally I feel a bit better now that I can pass on some useful info to her.

Thx to everyone here - I really felt quite helpless and upset for her and as you know it is so hard to be truly useful when you don't have a lot of info to work with.

"I WILL email her with the message from Avalon (once again thx so much for your response Avalon)."

I would hope that your friends already know what compensation they will be getting as they were (apparently) given a choice as to what they wanted to do. I would think that all their options and associated compensation was clearly explained to them......as it was to us on this forum.

"I WILL email her with the message from Avalon (once again thx so much for your response Avalon)."

I would hope that your friends already know what compensation they will be getting as they were (apparently) given a choice as to what they wanted to do. I would think that all their options and associated compensation was clearly explained to them......as it was to us on this forum.

I agree that they already know these details. I'm sure that does not change their disappointment however.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

tassietravellers--I think you will absolutely love the Grand France on Avalon. The itinerary is wonderful!

If you are a walker you can leave the ship and DIY Lyon and then return to ship by metro. We walked all over Lyon by ourselves, however, we did take a city tour of Lyon so that we could see the traboules. I knew from my research that I wouldn't be able to see many cool ones just because they are not obvious to tourists!

We also did Les Halles by walking to it from the ship and that was an amazing experience.

When you are at the Tournon stop, if you love chocolate cross the Passerrele Marc Seguin footbridge to Tain l'Hermitage, turn right (2nd street I think) to the Valrhona Chocolate factory outlet. Ask your CD for directions because our CD went there!!!

have a great time!!! c

Avalon has shown that they are a class act. While I would be very disappointed if my river cruise turned into a bus trip, to have the option of taking the bus trip and still get a full refund of the river cruise would definitely ease my disappointment. This would probably make me sign up for another river cruise with Avalon immediately.

I'm so glad Avalon responded the way they did. My husband and I have taken three river cruises and raved about them so much we talked three other couples into going on the Danube with us later this summer. Everyone was looking to us (me) for guidance and I wanted to try Avalon, mostly for their suite/cabin design. One of our previous cruises was on AMA, and two on Viking. No major issues with either line, but some minor ones with Viking in Russia. We actually tried to reserve AMA because we were familiar with it, but they were already booked for the dates we were all available. Then I saw the cabin designed on Avalon and talked everyone into it. I don't want to be "wrong" about this river cruise. Now I feel reassured that if anything does go wrong Avalon will take care of us.

We are sailing on the Luminary next month and it is our first Avalon cruise. We are hoping our cruise does not become a "bus cruise", but after reading these posts, it's good to know Avalon will do their best to ensure an awesome experience in spite of any adverse situation. I think the compensation Avalon offered in this situation was more than fair.

We did an Avalon Rhine river cruise 7 years ago (where has the time flown) and loved it! We are now booked with Globus to do the British Isles by bus in Sept. I expect we will receive the same wonderful treatment we had on our river cruise. I hope we enjoy this bus trip as we are considering Italy in 2015. Great customer service Avalon!!!!

We did an Avalon Rhine river cruise 7 years ago (where has the time flown) and loved it! We are now booked with Globus to do the British Isles by bus in Sept. I expect we will receive the same wonderful treatment we had on our river cruise. I hope we enjoy this bus trip as we are considering Italy in 2015. Great customer service Avalon!!!!

We did an Italy tour with Globus last May. It was wonderful and certainly made us consider Avalon for a river trip this year but we finally decided to go with Viking.

We did an Italy tour with Globus last May. It was wonderful and certainly made us consider Avalon for a river trip this year but we finally decided to go with Viking.

That's interesting, curious as to the deciding factor. We choose Avalon over Viking? Especially after such a good experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So glad I read this thread. We are definitely going to do a river cruise, 2015 or 2016, and we are at the moment researching the different companies. I have been worried about the consequences of the flooding in Europe. This reassures me and puts Avalon in first place.

Avalon is a top-notch river cruise line and I love working with them. Rest assured you are in good hands if things don't go as planned.

As many of you know...no matter how much planning you put into your trips...things don't always go right. The difference in a great vacation and a botched vacation is how you handle it and how the vendor handles it. Choosing a quality vendor will reap you rewards and memories you will never forget. Years from now, you won't remember what you paid for that cruise...but you will remember how you felt in the hands of that cruise line.

Good luck and happy river cruising!