Marina culinary kitchen course

DrJW

The food portions you get in the regular restaurants are far larger than what you get in La Reserve. Even then, not every main course in the restaurants is a 32 oz. prime rib like the King's Cut in Polo!

La Reserve is an evening of lovely taste sensations and unusual presentations.

And you definitely will have nice conversations with others at your table. WE always have.

Our favorite is the Connoisseur but that is the most expensive meal. We haven't had the Discovery menu yet but we've had the Exploration menu twice. Enjoyed it both times. (We'd been looking to do the third menu on a later cruise but our TA had a group there and the others voted to do the Exploration.)

We'll book Discovery on our next cruise in April 2015.

Mura

I've done both the Exploration and the Discovery and enjoy the Discovery a little bit more. I think you'll love it. We have yet to do the connoisseur meal. It looks amazing! We are waiting for reservations to open on our upcoming sailing thru AUS and NZ coming February and I'll be all over that. :)

Edited by corpkid

I've done both the Exploration and the Discovery and enjoy the Discovery a little bit more. I think you'll love it. We have yet to do the connoisseur meal. It looks amazing! We are waiting for reservations to open on our upcoming sailing thru AUS and NZ coming February and I'll be all over that. :)

When do reservations open up for La Reserve?

I need to look up the different menus....

While I can book the culinary classes now for our April 2015 cruise, it's too soon for La Reserve.

But if you write to me privately I can send you the info about the La Reserve menus. I was just trying to find them on the website and couldn't, but I've saved them from prior times.

Bear in mind that they may be amending them somewhat for future cruises.

You never know ...

Mura

mura at speakeasy dot net or the link below

Kathy-takemewithyou

My husband Bill and I are on this cruise with you and are also signed up for the Tropical Breeze class.We have signed up for the Fish Class as well. Am so looking forward to this cruise and will see you at the Meet and Greet.

Diane

hi Diane,

will look for you on the roll call....this fish class sounds interesting, too. that was the other class I was thinking of!

Has anyone taken the Friends for Brunch or Italian Home Cooking? The timing on those is best, but I was wondering if they're good.

We took the friends for brunch and red ginger ones on our recent Baltics cruise on Marina.

The friends for brunch was a little basic in my view, the red ginger one was better (but definitely seafood orientated - most time taken up with the seabass and lobster pad thai).

Quick question by a first time Oceania cruiser....

Do I remember reading that you get to sample wine as you cook and also get to sample whatever you prepare in the class?

thanks!

As has already been mentioned, drinks aren't in all classes (no drinks in the red ginger class). Also not much time for eating! Shame that food can't be taken out of the class, but no choice given health laws, as also mentioned.

Personally, I didn't care for chef Kelly's style - I thought chef Melanie was great. But down to personal preference I guess!

IW x

We liked both Chef Kelly and Chef Melanie, but they are quite different. Chef Kelly is more no-nonsense. One time we witnesses a guest show up quite late and without her voucher; Chef Kelly barred her from the class. Sounds harsh, but should we all wait around for another ten minutes while she goes back to her cabin?