Short Review of 23 May Baltic Cruise Eurodam

PatriciaF

We were also on this cruise and I agree with all the comments and observations that PatriciaF has made.

This was our second cruise on the Eurodam and our first in a suite thanks to a sweet upgrade! May have trouble switching back. We could not find fault with anything on the cruise. Staff were friendly and attentive, food was good and we never felt we had to wait too long for food or wine service in the MDR. We were on open sitting and met some great people who we enjoyed talking to and the meals never felt too long. Food was good and contrary to other reports I have read, I thought there was an excellent and varied selection.

We rarely saw our room stewards but they did an excellent job and our room was usually done while we were at breakfast.

I was not as happy with the entertainment as PatriciaF. While the Dancers and Singers were good the shows seemed repetitive and while the music and style were a bit more modern than last year I still felt dated although the technical lights and effects were the most modern. We enjoyed Jimmy in the Piano Bar and he always had a good crowd. The BB King Band was great but did not seem to be as popular as last year when you could never get a seat.

Agree Pinnacle food is not worth the extra but service was good. We went to the Tamarand and as we did last year, thoroughly enjoyed it. Food is good and service is best on the ship.

Embarkation and Disembarkation were fast and easy (there was a lack of taxis on disembarkation) as was getting on and off the ship at all the ports. We knew St. Petersburg would be more difficult but it all went smoothly.

Front Desk staff seemed better trained and more friendly than in the past and judging from short line-ups on last couple of days, the number of billing problems must be way down.

We used TJ Tours in Tallin, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Stockholm and Berlin and can not speak highly enough about all the guides. Very knowledgeable, good English, small groups, clean vehicles with good drivers. I would totally recommend them to anyone taking this cruise in the future. We enjoyed all the ports and saw a great deal of history.

All in all, a very good cruise on an excellent ship

Thank you PatriciaF and Kenato - We board the Eurodam on 8 July and your insights are incredibly helpful. This will be a Baltic first for us, and reading your comments about transportation, ports, tours and all other tidbits is very helpful! We also booked TJ Tours, Kenato - satisfying to hear your praise about them, which mirrors all the on-line comments we read about them. And after reading some of PatriciaF's comments about port transportation in Helsinki and Stockholm, I'm very happy we added TJ's tours for those ports. As add-ons, they seem a good value.

As far as ship life goes, looking forward to Jimmy in the Piano Bar, dinners in the Tamarind (very underpriced for the incredible food) and the Pinnacle (love the pampered service)....

Really enjoyed your review. We are booked for the August 15 cruise and you answered many of our questions. Do you know of any on your cruise using TJ Tours and were they pleased with service also?

Thank you for your review. The details are very helpful. I appreciate the time and effort you put into planning your trip and sharing your experiences with us.

Thank you. I learn a lot from others on Cruise Critic, so thought I would share.

As we were on the second sailing of the Baltic this year, I thought there might be others that needed some info.

Really enjoyed your review. We are booked for the August 15 cruise and you answered many of our questions. Do you know of any on your cruise using TJ Tours and were they pleased with service also?

Read Review #24

Thank you. I learn a lot from others on Cruise Critic, so thought I would share.

As we were on the second sailing of the Baltic this year, I thought there might be others that needed some info.

I wanted to add my express thank you for the information about the chip AND PIN. I've talked to my banker and he can add a PIN to my card if I go in person to the bank. As we leave on Friday this is really valuable information.

I wanted to add my express thank you for the information about the chip AND PIN. I've talked to my banker and he can add a PIN to my card if I go in person to the bank. As we leave on Friday this is really valuable information.

Glad to be of help.

I used my new CHIP CC at the store today--had to stick it in a slot at the bottom middle rather than sliding it on its side.

Note that we saw that some customers using chip/PIN cards had to go someplace to enter their PIN rather than at the table of the restaurant as the cc machine brought to the table didn't have the ability to accept a PIN.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

First of all, sorry for my bad English.

Thanks for all the information you've given us.

We left with the Eurodam on the 8th, can not wait!

We have several questions, and we need help:

Subject landing: how it works? is possible to stay on the boat until beyond 10?, or you go down in the set times? Our plane leaves at 15:30 PM and is soon to go to the airport.

We know there is the option of an excursion that avaba at the airport, but it seems very expensive for what it is. They put some kind of transfer too?

For other scales such as Tallinn, Helsinki ... the shipping puts shuttles downtown? Money? Worth?

Meals: let a two year old girl, you know that children are the menus?

Pools: put this cover cold?

Dinner shift: we have free turn, are on the waiting list for the second round ... if they fail, as there are many free work crowds and waiting for?

At the moment I can not think of anything else, but certainly any doubt arises over me.

I hope your help! Thank you very much! (I hope my message is well understood)

We will be on Eurodam in July... and have been looking for the summer reports to start. THANK YOU!

In regard to tours. After sifting through the comments on the ports boards, I finally read someone say, "don't sweat it, the three major tour companies are all good." We booked SPB tour because they were the first to respond to my email.

What was your experience with tour tips? What did you find is the tipping customs / expectations ?

I'm on overload right now with tours because we got a timeshare trade for a week in Scotland before our cruise. Helped me justify the gross airfare costs... but now my head is spinning with organization details.

Below are my answers--enjoy your trip!

Hello!

First of all, sorry for my bad English.

Thanks for all the information you've given us.

We left with the Eurodam on the 8th, can not wait!

We have several questions, and we need help:

Subject landing: how it works? is possible to stay on the boat until beyond 10?, or you go down in the set times? Our plane leaves at 15:30 PM and is soon to go to the airport.

You will be given a time to get off the ship--you don't need to rush, but no one is let on for the next one until everyone is off. You could take a cab to the airport (around 400 DKK) and then take the train back into Copenhagen to use up some of the time. Or, if you don't have lots of luggage, you can take the bus to the train station and drop your luggage there at the checked bag (as you face the station it is in the back left corner downstairs) and spend some more time in Copenhagen. Tivoli Garden is across the street. Take the train to the airport.

We know there is the option of an excursion that avaba at the airport, but it seems very expensive for what it is. They put some kind of transfer too?

Transfer to the airport is included--but I agree that it appears very expensive.

For other scales such as Tallinn, Helsinki ... the shipping puts shuttles downtown? Money? Worth?

Tallinn--easy walk. Follow the crowds.

Helsinki--ship sold Green Hop On Hop Off bus tickets. No Shuttle. Too far to walk. $29/person for the tickets.

Stockholm--ship ran a shuttle $12/person, each way. There will also be the Green Hop On Hop Off bus and you can get a discount if you used it in Helsinki. 280 euros for two days for Hop On Hop Off Bus and Boat. PLUS the Red City Sightseeing Bus (NOT the Red Hop On Hop Off Bus (different company).

Kiel--you can easily walk to town to look around.

Meals: let a two year old girl, you know that children are the menus?

There are children's menus.

Pools: put this cover cold?

The middle pool has a cover--it was fully open if warm; closed if cold/rainy.

Dinner shift: we have free turn, are on the waiting list for the second round ... if they fail, as there are many free work crowds and waiting for?

With a small child, you may want to do the Anytime dining. You just get in line and ask to be seated. We only had to wait more than 10 minutes in line the first formal night. With the long days in port, this will let you eat when you want rather than wait until late. The Lido Cafe is also open at night. PLUS you can order room service.

At the moment I can not think of anything else, but certainly any doubt arises over me.

I hope your help! Thank you very much! (I hope my message is well understood)

Let me know if I can help some more. I can ask my husband to respond in Spanish if that would help.

Hello! Thanks for the answer to all my questions! Viewing forum we have seen that in some outlets offer the service to carry the suitcases to the airport in the Eurodam so do?Because it would be great for us! Another thing, the arrival is timely to Copenhagen? The landing is fast? We arrived at 10, and there is a tour Sandemans at 11, and we doubt if we will.

Ah! And the theme taxis in Copenhagen harbor such? We have read that is a little chaos. Thank you very much again! You're very kind!

Hello! Thanks for the answer to all my questions! Viewing forum we have seen that in some outlets offer the service to carry the suitcases to the airport in the Eurodam so do?Because it would be great for us! Another thing, the arrival is timely to Copenhagen? The landing is fast? We arrived at 10, and there is a tour Sandemans at 11, and we doubt if we will.

Ah! And the theme taxis in Copenhagen harbor such? We have read that is a little chaos. Thank you very much again! You're very kind!

There is a service on the ship to ship your baggage to the airport and I think check it in for your flight. Don't know the cost, but just check with the front desk the first day. If you are flying in to Copenhagen and landing at 10, I wouldn't count on a tour at 11 unless it leaves from the airport then.

Hello! Thank you again! No, for the tour of Copenhagen is the day we got to the boat, not the plane, so I doubt if he arrived in time to do so.The day we got the tickets we did not propose.

Then you saw that you offer the service of baggage? Is or has become clear to me, sorry. Thank you!

You have one day in Copenhagen where you spend the night aboard ship. The next day you disembark.

There were plenty of taxis when we disembarked the ship--in fact, one was inside the terminal talking to one of the HAL employees.

BUT--the Eurodam was the only ship in port. The day we arrived there were 3 ships in port (Eurodam, Infinity, and Royal Princess). It was mass chaos and terrible traffic. We had planned to go back into town but decided to not do so.

I don't remember seeing any information about the luggage service to the airport.

Hello again!

I doubt they emerge on the fly ...

In Copenhagen Forum puts the shipping center shuttle? Money? Far as it goes?

Thank you very much again!

We did not see a shuttle--there is a bus #76 that goes into downtown Copenhagen and stops near Little Mermaid. All day bus pass is 80 DKK. Someone was selling bus tickets at the bus stop the morning we got to Copenhagen.

• 2 weeks later...
We did not see a shuttle--there is a bus #76 that goes into downtown Copenhagen and stops near Little Mermaid. All day bus pass is 80 DKK. Someone was selling bus tickets at the bus stop the morning we got to Copenhagen.

Oops it is bus #26 but you can't miss the stop about a block and a half from the ship across from the UNICEF building.