Roberts or Valley Isle excursions for Road to Hana

chris153

I am starting to plan my excursions for our March 2015 cruise. Just wondering if anyone has a preference and why for either Roberts or Valley Isle Excusions for the Road to Hana Tour. This is definitely a tour I want to do. Thanks in advance for your help!!

I can only provide information on the Valley Isle tour - but I would suggest checking out the Hawaii port of call board for more information. We really enjoyed our tour with Valley Isle - the guide was great, the stops were fabulous, the memories amazing. But be warned - the Road to Hana can be EXHAUSTING. DH actually slept for a good chunk of the trip, so he wasn't nearly as tired as I was at the end of the day. LOL. Enjoy your adventure!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can only provide information on the Valley Isle tour - but I would suggest checking out the Hawaii port of call board for more information. We really enjoyed our tour with Valley Isle - the guide was great, the stops were fabulous, the memories amazing. But be warned - the Road to Hana can be EXHAUSTING. DH actually slept for a good chunk of the trip, so he wasn't nearly as tired as I was at the end of the day. LOL. Enjoy your adventure!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for your answer. I realized too late that I should have posted this on THe hawaii site. I was doing searches on both. I am soo looking forward to this trip. Thaks again!

I can only report on Roberts. I did not do the Road to Hana with them, but I have used them on Oahu and Maui for other tours. Drivers try to make the ride entertaining and informational. They are courteous and professional.

Maybe check on Tripadvisor and see if either or both companies show up with reviews.

Have a great trip!

We used Valley Isle - more comfortable ride as far as I could tell - enormous windows and comfy seats and I think fewer people.

However, the itineraries are pretty identical -- we were parked next to Roberts' vehicles all along the way.

I agree it's a super long day.We went at least an hour over the scheduled time, and not for any obvious reason. But because of the length of the day I think it's even more important to get the comfiest ride available.

Another vote for Valley Isle, our driver Lynn was fantasic!

Email communication was amazing with clear direction as to where to caught out ride.

Great lunch provided by the company.

The Road to Hana is a must do!

Enjoy

Agree the Road to Hana is a must do! One of the best excursions we've ever been on. We did a ship's excursion as it is a very long drive with the latter part being rather rough. (No rental cars allowed.) One of the minibuses broke down. We were fortunate that ours didn't. (A replacement was sent.) A wash location is near the end of the circle. Our driver, Barb (total delight) told us that if any water was on the road, that she was required to turn around and go all the way back....at least 75% of the way we'd driven.

I'm sure these companies are great and dependable but if either of these things were to occur in a remote area of the circle, there is a chance of being late to get back to the ship.

Agree the Road to Hana is a must do! One of the best excursions we've ever been on. We did a ship's excursion as it is a very long drive with the latter part being rather rough. (No rental cars allowed.) One of the minibuses broke down. We were fortunate that ours didn't. (A replacement was sent.) A wash location is near the end of the circle. Our driver, Barb (total delight) told us that if any water was on the road, that she was required to turn around and go all the way back....at least 75% of the way we'd driven.

I'm sure these companies are great and dependable but if either of these things were to occur in a remote area of the circle, there is a chance of being late to get back to the ship.

Do you remember how big the bus was for the ship excursion?

While not one of your choices, my wife and I rented a Jeep and drove it ourselves. It was nice because we could stop for lunch/photos/whatever as often or as little as we pleased.

You pretty much can't get lost (there are only so many roads on the route), and you are in the US renting from business you are familiar with. The drive has a lot of curves, but it is safe.

We used Robert's in January. Had a great time. The driver/tour guide was fantastic. Robert's provided a picnic type lunch which we enjoyed in Hana by the beach. Robert's used a small bus for the tour. We returned from Hana looping around the south end of the island. One of the best tour's we have taken in Hawaii.

DT

Approximately what time do either of these tours pick up, and how long does this tour last?

For the Robert's tour I think they pick us up between 8 and 8:30 a.m. and we got back around 5 p.m. - long day but very much worth the time.