Pirate night? new time?

JENNYDISNEY

I noticed on my reservation on the itinerary page, that the time for the pirate night festivities had changed to 9:45 p.m. on the August 14, 2014 sailing. Does anyone know if this is accurate? last year its was at 7:45 p.m. and my 2 year old was able to attend and he wore the cutest costume. This year 9:45 p.m. seems too late for a toddler to attend. :confused:

I noticed on my reservation on the itinerary page, that the time for the pirate night festivities had changed to 9:45 p.m. on the August 14, 2014 sailing. Does anyone know if this is accurate? last year its was at 7:45 p.m. and my 2 year old was able to attend and he wore the cutest costume. This year 9:45 p.m. seems too late for a toddler to attend. :confused:

The pirate night activities are split up on the Dream class ships. There's a more family-friendly show called "Mickey's Pirates in the Caribbean " between the dinner seatings (around 7:45) with Mickey and other characters. Then there's the "Buccaneer Blast" after the second seating (about 10:30) that's more Jack Sparrow type pirates followed by the fireworks. Possibly that's been moved to 9:45 for your cruise, I don't know. The most current Navigators have the 2 different shows listed.

I just checked our upcoming cruise and the time for the pirate night does say 9:45 (til 10:30). Maybe they're changing the time a bit earlier?

Or just going with one show earlier for everyone? That's what they do on the classic ships.

The pirate night activities are split up on the Dream class ships. There's a more family-friendly show called "Mickey's Pirates in the Caribbean " between the dinner seatings (around 7:45) with Mickey and other characters. Then there's the "Buccaneer Blast" after the second seating (about 10:30) that's more Jack Sparrow type pirates followed by the fireworks. Possibly that's been moved to 9:45 for your cruise, I don't know. The most current Navigators have the 2 different shows listed.

I just checked our upcoming cruise and the time for the pirate night does say 9:45 (til 10:30). Maybe they're changing the time a bit earlier?

Or just going with one show earlier for everyone? That's what they do on the classic ships.

Hmm... On our trip last year we did the mickey show at 7:45 pm and we saw the fireworks from our veranda, but it was on the mickey show was on our itinerary for 7:45pm. So perhaps their changing it for later, not earlier, no?

Hmm... On our trip last year we did the mickey show at 7:45 pm and we saw the fireworks from our veranda, but it was on the mickey show was on our itinerary for 7:45pm. So perhaps their changing it for later, not earlier, no?

I don't know. This is from a recent Navigator:

m8e883.jpg

Many of us have discovered over the years that the information provided by shoreside is not always accurate. The info on these and boards tends to be more current.:)

this is true, however no one knows the answer as of yet. I hope some new navigators come out soon. I want to know if i should buy my little one a pirate costume or not. we really enjoyed the 7:45 pm show last year and it would suck if the time changed to 9:45 p.m.:rolleyes:

Many of us have discovered over the years that the information provided by shoreside is not always accurate. The info on these and boards tends to be more current.:)

this is true, however no one knows the answer as of yet. I hope some new navigators come out soon. I want to know if i should buy my little one a pirate costume or not. we really enjoyed the 7:45 pm show last year and it would suck if the time changed to 9:45 p.m.:rolleyes:

On our Magic cruise (disembarkation 5/31/14), they had the 7:30 kids show/activities and the later show with fireworks geared to the older peeps.

That doesn't say what will be happening in August, but it is the most current info I have.

Edited by moki'smommy

My July one is fireworks and main show 9.45 with a kids show 7.30pm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Given that the OP is sailing on the Dream in the Bahama's in August, and you are sailing on the Magic in the Mediterranean in July, i'm struggling to see the relevance in your reply post to their's?

Two different ships in two different parts of the world, with two very different shows?

OP, I would call to check, but it is most likely a website glitch.

And if I were you, I would only pay attention to people that have cruised on the Dream, not even the Fantasy, and recently as well.

Hoping you have a fantastic cruise!

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

Actually, having re-read the thread, I concur with DF. Nothing has changed except perhaps a 30 minute time shift.

DCL always had a early and late pirate show as noted by all the PP.

The early show is for the little ones; it is less loud/scary/shorter/ etc.

The later is louder/more scary/ more adults/ potentially more crowed/ longer/ buffet afterwards.

That's all I got. lol.

Good Luck to All

Edited by bear3412

Actually, having re-read the thread, I concur with DF. Nothing has changed except perhaps a 30 minute time shift.

The later is louder/more scary/ more adults/ potentially more crowed/ longer/ buffet afterwards.

That's all I got. lol.

Good Luck to All

Fully agree, nothing has changed, we are going in six weeks and our Pirate night schedule in a Mykonos is the same as all cruises since the introduction of the new bigger ships and the party bring spilt for the early kids show and the later, more family show, fireworks and Buffett.

That's all I got. lol.

Good Luck to All

I found both shows to be equally as crowded on our cruises, however, during the older peeps show, people were all sitting down in front of the stage so everyone could see the show. During the kid's show, almost every parent had their little ones on their shoulders so if you were in the third row, you still could not see squat. I could never understand why they would have the second show sit and not have it the same way for the first show. I no longer go to the first show. I can't enjoy a show if I'm aggravated. I love the second show.

I don't have an answer but I just wanted to say "hi" because we're also on the August 14th sailing!:)

Hi! 54 more days! who are you traveling with?:)

BTW: Can you check your online reservation and see what time your itinerary shows for the pirate night?

Given that the OP is sailing on the Dream in the Bahama's in August, and you are sailing on the Magic in the Mediterranean in July, i'm struggling to see the relevance in your reply post to their's?

Two different ships in two different parts of the world, with two very different shows?

OP, I would call to check, but it is most likely a website glitch.

And if I were you, I would only pay attention to people that have cruised on the Dream, not even the Fantasy, and recently as well.

Hoping you have a fantastic cruise!

ex techie

LOL :D THanks;)

Day 2

Fri, Aug 15

Nassau

01:00 pm

(until 01:30 pm)

It's A Small World Nursery

Attendees: Aiden P

Modify Cancel

07:00 pm

(until 09:00 pm)

Palo Dinner

Attendees: Jennifer D, Alvaro P

Modify Cancel

07:00 pm

(until 10:00 pm)

It's A Small World Nursery

Attendees: Aiden P

Modify Cancel

09:45 pm

(until 10:30 pm)

Pirate Deck Party

Mine-: Day 9

Sun, Aug 3

Mykonos, Greece

06:00 pm

(until 08:00 pm)

Palo Dinner

Attendees:

09:45 pm

(until 10:30 pm)

Pirate Deck Party

Pirate Deck Party

Pirate Night is a Disney Cruise Line deck party featuring pirate-themed festivities. Crew Members and some favorite Disney Characters join in the fun.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY