Booking with a PVP vs. online?

muddyfamily

The family and I are ready to book our second cruise with Carnival to sail in September/October :) Now comes my question, is there a benefit to booking with the PVP who called today vs. booking myself online? The PVP who called today offered us the exact same rate & room I had looked at online. Last time we booked I called the 800 number told them what port we wanted leave from and asked for the best room they had! LOL Any and all advice is welcome.

We have benefitted many times by booking with our PVP. His knowledge and expertise has helped us save time and money, especially with making changes after the cruise was booked. We do our own research and plan as many details as possible, but we always call or email our PVP to make sure the booking is created completely and correctly.

Thanks folks! This fellow has called 9 times today since 7 am (LOL a big time difference between them in FL and me in AK) I will give him a try. How do you go about seeing if you can get OBC, a better room, or any other nice little extras? Do I ask or do they just offer?

Thanks folks! This fellow has called 9 times today since 7 am (LOL a big time difference between them in FL and me in AK) I will give him a try. How do you go about seeing if you can get OBC, a better room, or any other nice little extras? Do I ask or do they just offer?

You can always ask. That's what I do, I email my PVP to let her know what I want and but also ask if any promotions or deals are going on.

Normally you need to ask. Watch for price drops online and call when you see them.

PVP's seem to be helpful when booking multiple cabins and you want to keep everyone next to each other. We booked 4 cabins on our next cruise and the PVP was helpful. If I were only booking one cabin, I would just do it myself on the website.

Edited by mlrm