Price Drops

gem114

Hi all! I'm sailing on the Carnival Pride in July. We already paid our balance, but someone pointed me to the Cruise Critic Price Drop page, and it looks like our fare went down! Is there a way I can get Carnival to honor the new price? Do I just call and ask? I have no idea how this works, but if I could get some money back that would be great. If I need to call, what do I say so they actually give it to me instead of just telling me they can't do anything about it?

Hi all! I'm sailing on the Carnival Pride in July. We already paid our balance, but someone pointed me to the Cruise Critic Price Drop page, and it looks like our fare went down! Is there a way I can get Carnival to honor the new price? Do I just call and ask? I have no idea how this works, but if I could get some money back that would be great. If I need to call, what do I say so they actually give it to me instead of just telling me they can't do anything about it?

I normally go on the Carnival Web site and create a booking (up to the point I see the price then back out of the booking) for the same cruise and same catagory, if the price goes down you can call Carnival and ask for the lower rate. If you have paid they will issue an on board credit if you are illegible for the discount. There is a price protection form that may be required to send in. It's located on the Carnival web site.

My husband and I just called and did that! We now have $216 OBC! It's better than nothing! It was super easy & she told me to keep calling to check if it will go lower until we sail at the end of July!

My husband and I just called and did that! We now have $216 OBC! It's better than nothing! It was super easy & she told me to keep calling to check if it will go lower until we sail at the end of July!

Haha, this seems too easy to be true! You just call and ask for the current rate? That is awesome, especially because Carnival is doing an "East Coast" special or something that came up because we live in New Jersey.

Haha, this seems too easy to be true! You just call and ask for the current rate? That is awesome, especially because Carnival is doing an "East Coast" special or something that came up because we live in New Jersey.

I know! It seems weird, but I'm okay with it :) more money to spend on drinks that I've already budgeted for!

I know! It seems weird, but I'm okay with it :) more money to spend on drinks that I've already budgeted for!

Good news! Even though they wouldn't give me OBC because we didn't book Early Saver, they DID upgrade us to a BALCONY room!

Thanks so much for the advice!

The same thing happened to me, so I called Carnival and got upgraded from a regular balcony room to an aft-view extended balcony room, which is my prefered location anyways, so I was happy! I checked again the other day and the price went down AGAIN, so I called seeking some OBC. The fare for us 2 is now $600 less than I paid for it in May. Even the room I was upgraded to is now $400 cheaper than the regular balcony room I paid for! I could be in a Premium Vista Balcony for the price I paid. The person I spoke with was surprisingly rude to me and said that I have been given more than enough and they will not honor any more. Would put me on hold without warning and was obviously annoyed. I was nothing but nice, as I alwas am. I plan on calling back and speaking with a supervisor, though. Especially because this isn't the first time I have gone through a rate change with Carnival and before they were thrilled to give me more!

The same thing happened to me, so I called Carnival and got upgraded from a regular balcony room to an aft-view extended balcony room, which is my prefered location anyways, so I was happy! I checked again the other day and the price went down AGAIN, so I called seeking some OBC. The fare for us 2 is now $600 less than I paid for it in May. Even the room I was upgraded to is now $400 cheaper than the regular balcony room I paid for! I could be in a Premium Vista Balcony for the price I paid. The person I spoke with was surprisingly rude to me and said that I have been given more than enough and they will not honor any more. Would put me on hold without warning and was obviously annoyed. I was nothing but nice, as I alwas am. I plan on calling back and speaking with a supervisor, though. Especially because this isn't the first time I have gone through a rate change with Carnival and before they were thrilled to give me more!

That is awesome! We have a balcony as of now, but she hasn't said anything about a room upgrade, only OBC. We are still about 40 days out from our sail date and I HOPE we'll receive even more OBC!

That is awesome! We have a balcony as of now, but she hasn't said anything about a room upgrade, only OBC. We are still about 40 days out from our sail date and I HOPE we'll receive even more OBC!

I would have honestly prefered OBC!! I love being able to just grab a drink or a latte anytime or go shopping, knowing it's not out of pocket!

• 2 weeks later...