Breakaway cruise to nowhere from NY Feb 2015

kjml2004

Hi,

Thinking of booking for Valentine's weekend but concerned about the weather. It will be too cold to enjoy all the outside decks. Is there enough inside to make two nights worth the expense? Already have seen Rock of Ages on Broadway.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thinking of booking for Valentine's weekend but concerned about the weather. It will be too cold to enjoy all the outside decks. Is there enough inside to make two nights worth the expense? Already have seen Rock of Ages on Broadway.

Thanks!

I did the 2day CTN on Breakaway last year the last weekend in Jan. Embarkation day was too cold to enjoy the outside but the next day we had gone just far enough south that we were able to enjoy everythng including the pools and slides!

There were plenty of indoor activities as well such as movies, games shows, bingo, trivia etc.

On our 7 night Breakaway cruise one day when the outside decks were unusable due to extreme weather, it was way to crowded inside. In my opinion the Breakaway is not set properly to handle everyone inside. The outside spaces are awsome. I just don't think that short cruises mid winter from NY works well. The Gem seems to handle the inside crowds much better. I know it has half of the passengers, but it just flows better I think.

I did the 2day CTN on Breakaway last year the last weekend in Jan. Embarkation day was too cold to enjoy the outside but the next day we had gone just far enough south that we were able to enjoy everythng including the pools and slides!

There were plenty of indoor activities as well such as movies, games shows, bingo, trivia etc.

We did the same cruise this year and loved it! Yes, it was very, very cold. But, we got a kick out of watching the bartenders outside with their mittens and ear-muffs mixing drinks. Definitely enough to do inside for a quick weekend.

Personally I don't like CTN but others love them. We took the Gem out of Boston in December of 07 and it was rough, raining and snowing. You could not go outside once we left Boston. So glad we at least had a Courtyard Villa (Haven) so we could enjoy that area. It was packed inside with everyone trying to do everything. We tried again about 6 months later, May of 08 on the Dream. Not my idea of relaxing as it was packed and the lines at the bar were at least 5-8 people deep! It was still chilly but at least you could go outside. I'll probably never do another one.

We have done a one night (Gem) and a two night (Breakaway) CTN, and the two night one (end of Jan also) was much better. Plenty to do (outside was usable). One night cruises way too fast... and too much to do in too short of a time--we got two free dinners--on a one nighter!!! also many many partying drunk groups of people- drinking was the main event. On the two night you get the one full day to enjoy and relax. We even had a massive meet and greet with Cruise Critic employees.

Safe sailing