Booking With US Agent as non-US resident (HAL cruise)

MightyB

Hi, I just booked a cruise at HAL with an US agent. I am a non US resident and used an address in the US (an address with a suite number, from Borderlinx).

I paid with a creditcard registered on a Dutch address.

Pre-registration is also finished.

Do I need to change the US address to a Dutch address? Or can I use this US address? I think all correspondence will be by email, not airmail. But I don't know if I get troubles during embarkation (?) Can HAL refuse you to board the ship?

I did exactly this but continued with the US postal address. My TA in the US posted things via the US address and I have had no problems. In no instance did I have to declare that I was a US resident or citizen and my agent knows where I am living - I figured that she would not progress with a booking that breached booking conditions.

You should call HAL and ask some general questions without giving your name.

I don't know whether HAL is one of those cruise lines which allow only North Americans to book through a US T/A.

I'm presuming from the question that it is, in which case I see asking HAL as a recipe for problems.

E-mail gives them a clue as to who is asking, and I can imagine a phone call ending as soon as you're asked for your name & refuse or give some fictitious name & scenario.

IMHO far better to ask on the HAL board of Cruise Critic

Plenty of folk do side-step the rule by using a North American address - that of a friend or relative. Or perhaps just the T/A's address?

But I've not heard of anyone using an "accommodation" (ie purely a post-box) address in the US. I don't know whether HAL will catch-on that it's an accommodation address, I can certainly figure that from a UK address which includes something like "PO Box 238".

For the couple of dozen cruises I've taken all dealings with cruise lines have been by e-mail - I've never received anything important through the mail, only follow-up leaflets after the cruise & not even that from anywhere but my home country.

JB :)

I did exactly this but continued with the US postal address. My TA in the US posted things via the US address and I have had no problems. In no instance did I have to declare that I was a US resident or citizen and my agent knows where I am living - I figured that she would not progress with a booking that breached booking conditions.

> Ok thanks. My TA emailed me and said to pre-register with the US address. But I will email them back just to be sure.

It look like there will be no probs, but checking to be sure seems wise.

Thanks for the information!