do you book a year out? or more?

Sunburns

We usually book 5 or 6 months out. The excursions are listed at varying times, I believe. I don't usually book excursions through the ship anymore. But as far as the cabana at HMC, I don't think you can get those on line or in advance - I think you have to go to the excursion desk when you board the ship. Don't just take my word for it, because I could be wrong, but I've always heard people boarding and going straight to the excursion desk to get their favorite cabana. Good luck to you! :) Have a great cruise.

We usually book 5 or 6 months out. The excursions are listed at varying times, I believe. I don't usually book excursions through the ship anymore. But as far as the cabana at HMC, I don't think you can get those on line or in advance - I think you have to go to the excursion desk when you board the ship. Don't just take my word for it, because I could be wrong, but I've always heard people boarding and going straight to the excursion desk to get their favorite cabana. Good luck to you! :) Have a great cruise.

Cabanas for HMC can be purchased in advance, in fact recommended because they sell out fast. However, you cannot reserve your cabana # until on board. Then it is first come, first served. Essentially, you purchase a TBD cabana as soon as the excursion becomes available. Then you high tail it to the excursion desk as soon as you get on board to get the pick of the lot or whats left of the lot.

I actually prefer to book a year out. I like my cabin in a specific area and prefer to research the ports leisurely. Booked a cruise 6 weeks out once, and felt super rushed getting everything done - I felt worn out the whole cruise.

Cabanas for HMC can be purchased in advance, in fact recommended because they sell out fast. However, you cannot reserve your cabana # until on board. Then it is first come, first served. Essentially, you purchase a TBD cabana as soon as the excursion becomes available. Then you high tail it to the excursion desk as soon as you get on board to get the pick of the lot or whats left of the lot.

I actually prefer to book a year out. I like my cabin in a specific area and prefer to research the ports leisurely. Booked a cruise 6 weeks out once, and felt super rushed getting everything done - I felt worn out the whole cruise.

Oh yeah, that's it -- the cabana number. That's why there's the rush to the excursion desk...so everyone can get their favorite cabana/location.

We booked a year out because we are a group of 10 traveling and 1 passenger needed a handicapped cabin and all they had left a year out was an inside cabin. He is used to a balcony but said this was fine. If you or anyone needs a handicapped cabin, then yes book a year or more out. If you don't care, then no need to book so far out. Watch the prices and book when you feel you are getting a good deal.

We booked early saver and have benefited from price drops and all of us have OBC. You just have to price watch.

I usually book 6 months or less out. I have never booked my next cruise while on a ship either. Someone in this thread mentioned there is no more future cruise credit. Is that true? There are no advantages to booking a next cruise while on board? And lastly someone else mentioned that they book early and pay it off over time. Can that be done? Sorry I don't mean to hijack the thread but I'm a curious guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, you can pay off your cruise over time. You just log onto Carnival and go to "manage my booking". We make payments 1 or 2 times a month. If you book shore excursions through Carnival those have to be paid for immediately.

I usually book 6 months or less out. I have never booked my next cruise while on a ship either. Someone in this thread mentioned there is no more future cruise credit. Is that true? There are no advantages to booking a next cruise while on board?

The Future Cruise Certificates are no more, but you receive on-board credit for booking a cruise while on a cruise.

I always book about a year out as it gives me the ability to pick whatever stateroom I want and I can spread out payments over a 9-month period. I booked my January 2015 cruise in January 2014 and managed to reserve a nice aft-wrap room.

We booked our August 2014 cruise in September 2013, and will probably book next summer's cruise on our August cruise (a little OBC is better than no OBC). We only cruise once a year (kid can't miss school) so we know we have to choose somethng between mid-June and mid-August, and I like scoring the best possible cabin (particularly the aft-wrap on the Pride).

If it was just me and my husband, I'd probably be a last minute cruise booker, but he will only do one vacation a year and that's the family vacation...so unless I can find a cruise buddy, I'll be sticking with booking a year out.

I have booked plenty of cruises a year or more out. I just like knowing that I have one coming up :)

I use a cruise website that checks drops for me; so far, I have been able to get everyone on my family reunion cruise $104 OBC (each cabin) because of notifications. Nice NOT to have to check the Carnival site every day ;)

We have always booked early to insure getting the stateroom and location we want. I also typically book excursions, through the cruise line which is my preference, as soon as they are available to insure getting the time slot we want.

Happy cruising!

This is why having FTTF can be an advantage! On my Victory cruise last September, my mom and I were able to board EARLY and got to pick the first cabana for HMC :D

I also should probably add that flights from the West Coast can get EXPENSIVE the closer to sailing you get (learned this from our just sailed Breeze cruise). Booking early helps me to get the cheaper fares to Florida.

The first five cruises, I booked only a few months ahead. The last two, I booked about 7 or 8 months early, and the two cruises 2012 and 2013 that I ended up having to cancel, I had booked 10 and 11 months in advance. The one coming up in November, I booked in January. Knowing I have a cruise to look forward to just seems to give me some cheer. So far this year is looking good, though I have my fingers crossed. Trying to stay positive. What I like about booking very early is the planning and excitement for a cruise. Also lots of time to save for it.

However, as some others have said there really is not incentive, other than to get the particular room you want. So perhaps next time I will just hold off booking until I can snag one of those no supplement single deals.

I've only planned two cruises more than six months out and DH has made me cancel both of them. GRRRR!!! :mad: I think it's easier for us to book much closer to the cruise. We know what he'll be doing for work, what the kids will be up to (we don't take them with us on our couples cruises), etc.

We may miss out on some of the better rooms or better rates, but I'm always very happy with what I get or I wouldn't book it.

Due to first come serve scheduling at my job, I had to book earlier than I normally would have. Positive side is we can make monthly payments like a bill, my time off is approved already:) and I can plan and pay for a few excursions in advance to free up spending money.

I always purchase the insurance because life can get in the way. Other than that, I pray all goes well and love to have to something to look forward to.

• 2 weeks later...
I have booked plenty of cruises a year or more out. I just like knowing that I have one coming up :)

I use a cruise website that checks drops for me; so far, I have been able to get everyone on my family reunion cruise $104 OBC (each cabin) because of notifications. Nice NOT to have to check the Carnival site every day ;)

Would you mind sharing the name of that website?