Weather

amandawi

We are leaving this weekend for a R/T cruise out of Seattle. Looking at the weather next week, it looks like a lot of rain. While I know Alaska's weather is very unpredictable, we will be prepared for rain and have a great time either way. Does anyone have experience of a rainy forecast and ending up with nice weather?

I looked at a couple of your ports and I'm mostly seeing "showers" in your forecast. "Showers" does not mean rain all day. You may get nothing more than an early morning drizzle, or maybe a brief afternoon shower. Go prepared for a little rain, but don't freak out over the forecast. Enjoy!

just last night the lovely mrs b-d and i were romatically involved on the couch when we both magically shouted ....

"have you noticed how nice the weather has been for the past four weeks and most forecasts have been that it should be a pisser?"

and then things got weird but .....

in southeast, no weather forecast is valid after two days.

Edited by bottom-dragger

I looked at a couple of your ports and I'm mostly seeing "showers" in your forecast. "Showers" does not mean rain all day. You may get nothing more than an early morning drizzle, or maybe a brief afternoon shower. Go prepared for a little rain, but don't freak out over the forecast. Enjoy!

Thank you so much Sherry! That's what I was hoping for.

just last night the lovely mrs b-d and i were romatically involved on the couch when we both magically shouted ....

"have you noticed how nice the weather has been for the past four weeks and most forecasts have been that it should be a pisser?"

Haha! Too funny! That's very encouraging.....the weather that is :)

Guess I'm a little strange, but when "romatically involved" the weather is the LAST thing on my mind.

To each his or her own, I guess.

Guess I'm a little strange, but when "romatically involved" the weather is the LAST thing on my mind.

so?

you know how to romat?

it has been a year of a fair wind at your back and following seas. october may bring our karma back into balance.

but remember you don't leave port on a friday, you keep your hatchcovers rightside up, no whistling in the the wheelhouse and never mention the title of the scottish play.

Edited by bottom-dragger

My son is thinking of taking his family with a toddler son on this cruise. RC says no pools for toddlers in swim diapers so not sure if this is the cruise for them or will it be too cool for pool time up the inside passage

My son is thinking of taking his family with a toddler son on this cruise. RC says no pools for toddlers in swim diapers so not sure if this is the cruise for them or will it be too cool for pool time up the inside passage

I always go in the pools, but some people might think it's too cool. Most cruise lines don't allow anyone in diapers in their pools, so if that's an issue, maybe they should wait to cruise until the toddler is potty trained. If they think they can keep him occupied enough to not miss the pools, then they should just go and enjoy it.

There are people who use the pools on Alaskan cruises particularly the hot tubs however the temperature seldom exceeds 70* on the water and then you have winds across the deck that are greater then 20 mph.....well it's to cool for me.